Canopy tours -

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ostrich
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Canopy tours -

Post by ostrich » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:06 am

Seems like the people on this board agree the Los Veranos canopy tour is a must-do. People also recommend Vallarta Adventures for many activities, but from what I gather from their website, their canopy tour is not the Los Veranos one. Which site should I book for this?

Also, has anyone done the "Outdoor Adventure" through Vallarta Adventures, and if so, would you recommend that over the regular canopy tour? I'm guessing that zip-lining is just a small component of the entire day excursion. But not sure if it would just be better to do the canopy tour instead.

Johann&Sandra
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Johann&Sandra » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:57 pm

The Outdoor Adventure has only one zip line compared to 15 for Los Veranos, 12 for La Vista, 11 for El Eden, and 10 for Rio Cuale.

Vallarta Adventure's Canopy Tour is not the same as Los Veranos.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:54 pm

Johann&Sandra wrote:The Outdoor Adventure has only one zip line compared to 15 for Los Veranos, 12 for La Vista, 11 for El Eden, and 10 for Rio Cuale..
J and S, I much appreciate your info. We've only done Los Veranos, loved it, and planned to do either Outdoor Adventure or Veranos this Oct. As much fun as the rest of the tour looks like, only one zip line just won't cut it for me, so we're back to Los Veranos. Only 56 days and counting!

Ross

Johann&Sandra
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Johann&Sandra » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:01 am

rossk wrote:
Johann&Sandra wrote:The Outdoor Adventure has only one zip line compared to 15 for Los Veranos, 12 for La Vista, 11 for El Eden, and 10 for Rio Cuale..
J and S, I much appreciate your info. We've only done Los Veranos, loved it, and planned to do either Outdoor Adventure or Veranos this Oct. As much fun as the rest of the tour looks like, only one zip line just won't cut it for me, so we're back to Los Veranos. Only 56 days and counting!
If you've already done Los Veranos, why not try one of the other three? They're all good, and you might as well see some different scenery this time around.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:55 pm

Well, I'm basing this pretty much on what I've heard from others. The Vallarta Adventures lines tend to be much shorter, and not nearly as high (probablya good choice for those afraid of heights). It does have interesting looking suspended walkways in the canopy however. The Rio Cuale one I don't know much about, as it's new, and El Eden right now is the only other tour that looks interesting to me. It tends to compare a bit lower than Los Veranos tho.

We did Los Veranos 2 yrs ago and had a blast, and want to take our teenagers on it for their first PV trip in Oct. The length and height of the zip lines is the main attraction.

There's 4 of us, and I'm not sure I want to pay for more than one tour. If it's one, it'll most likely be Los Veranos - if 2, El Eden and Outdoor Adventure are on our short list.

Ross

happygolucky!!!
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by happygolucky!!! » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:05 pm

I know everyone is loving Los Veranos, but I didn´t and this is after trying a few other companies. I felt the safest with Vallarta Adventures because they have the double lines, one is for safety and Los Veranos doesn´t use a safety line, which made me wonder about other safety matters and how often they check these things. Sorry, but when your flying that high up in the air, I really don´t want any accidents. My opinion, but I always want to be safe, who wants to fall when on vacation.

littlejon3
PV Fan
PV Fan

Rio Cuale

Post by littlejon3 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:52 pm

My wife and I did this Canopy Tour back in September on our honeymoon and can't say enough great things about it. All of the guides were nothing but great the whole time to keep you having fun, even if you had to wait a couple mins for the next line. The view going back and forth over the river was absolutely unforgettable. The Tour was great and we will probably end up going again on our next trip down to PV. And we actually booked this tour through Johann & Sandra once we got down to PV.