Turtle Camp Tour

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sryan
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Turtle Camp Tour

Post by sryan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:34 pm

I am going to be in PV next week for the first time and just tried to book a 'Turtle Camp Tour' ; i.e. watch video, search beach at night with guide and release baby turtles that they previously hatched at the center.

I was told the Center or release site has moved 'outside of the Bay' and they wae no longer doing the tour but that some hotels are still conducting the releases.

Any info on still booking such a tour or any hotels that are currently doing the releases would be greatly appreciates.

Finally, anyone care to share just 1-2 must eat or must see spots (I will go through the whole site as well).

Thanks.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:18 pm

I have been llucky enought to be in PV several times during the summer when turtles hatched just right infront of our resort. They were collected and released in the evening during a misty little rain.

Everyone on this forum has their own must see, eat place. I really can't recommend because there are just to many places. I like the fact you are willing to search the rest of this site for your info. This board has all the information you will need to make your trip memorable.

My only suggestion is to stroll the malecón and check out all the resturants and bars and pick some that interest you.

Bienvenido.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Turtles

Post by smitty » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:16 pm

Fiesta Americana Hotel in the Hotel Zone does a Turtle release about every other night just before the sunsets . Last year I was in on 3 releases . :)

sryan
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Turtle Camp

Post by sryan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:48 pm

Thanks for the responses.

I am checking into the turtle releases at the Fiesta Americana.

Our restaurant list now consists of:

Pipi
Blue Shrimp
River Cafe
Victors
El Panarama
Pacifica Grill
or wherever else we stop.

Things to do;
Rhythems of the Night;
Canopy Tour;
Rancho Campomo;
Relax!

Thanks again.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:15 pm

Good list, trouble is trying to squeeze the most out of it with limited time.