Bar Tour, Whatdoyathink?

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mikegage
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Bar Tour, Whatdoyathink?

Post by mikegage » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:04 am

We're back to PV in three weeks, and I found a Website advertising Tours. There's one that is Thursday Nights, and goes to 5 bars, (Carlos Obrians, the Zoo, etc) pays your cover, Transport, and welcome drinks at each of the 5. Finishes you u with a T-shirt for $35.00.

Anyone done this? Any Thoughts, comments, whatever?

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Tour

Post by Jennybean » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:18 am

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It was worth more than the tour.

You're better off doing your own version.

willicar123
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by willicar123 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:25 pm

Walk up and down the street and do your own tour, considering all those bars are rock throwing distance from each other. Im not an organized tour person and never paid a cover at any bar in PV.

Rent a Jeep and cruise North one day and South another--go eat some smoked fish on a stick on some dirt road village and drink a couple of brews. Thats best tour around!

I was there in early December, May, and January of this year.

Drink some Porfideo--expensive but its the best!

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:18 am

My bowling team mate did it a couple of years ago, now every friday night at the league he wears the t-shirt. Guess he had fun.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:17 am

six to one, half dozen to another... i think you can create your own bar crawl, by walking up and down the malecon like Jennybean stated... and most of the "free" first drinks or that are included in your tour are tequila sunrises and rum punches... and there are so many more bars and fun spots than some of the places they take you too....

but go, have fun, collect your t-shirt, have a bunch of sexy women sign it for you... and take home some great memories.... JMO

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Tour

Post by Jennybean » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:55 pm

Generally speaking Tom is correct...the "free drinks" are shot sized glasses of rum punch with no punch whatsoever. LOL

You spend about an hour or so in each place and if you want more than your free drink you pay the bar prices. If you included cover in the bars in question (many of which don't have cover on normal nights) plus taxi fare (transportation), if you did your own you would probably come out ahead.

Just start at the north end of the Malecon and let your nose lead you to the places you want to go. You could probably accomplish a much better version and have more fun. Granted, it's not all inclusive, but you're on your own clock and if you don't like a place you have the choice to move on, whereas with this tour you're kind of stuck until the bus is ready to move on to the next place.

:)

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:30 pm

Right on! :-)4

mikegage
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thanks All....

Post by mikegage » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:24 am

Thanks everyone. Sometimes it's the folks running the tour that make it an event.

I DON'T SENSE THAT HERE AT ALL....

Thanks. I like the Jeep Idea Though.....

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Tour

Post by Jennybean » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:25 am

The kids who were on the tour (most of them work for the big tour provider companies,ie: Signature, SunQuest, etc and this is how they try to make an extra peso or two) tried to make it more enjoyable...but it was what it was - just a pub crawl, and only a bare bones one.

I've been on many a pub crawl before and yes, it's definitely the people on it or running it that make it what it is...unfortunately they just aren't given that much to work with. They try hard, they mean well...but these tours really aren't worth the money.

If I had the scratch I'd start one of my own down there someday - show 'em how to do it up right.

:wink:

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:38 am

No doubt!

dainna
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by dainna » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:31 am

i did the tour with my friend while we were there.....it was fun but would not do it again....and i still wear the t-shirt, but to bed lol... they offer a free drink at every stop which is the small bottles of corona, and the mixed drinks i found were just punch....but non the less it was fun but you would be better off going on your own..... 8)