Hiking / Rythms of the Night Questions

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mamad
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Hiking / Rythms of the Night Questions

Post by mamad » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:00 am

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a hike they in enjoyed while visiting PV. Also is Rythm of the Night suitable for two friends traveling together or is it a romantic evening? Thanks from this newbie poster.

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:28 pm

if you are into hiking you may want to consider the hike from boca to las animas. type in "hike from boca to las animas" and you will find a very good site that gives good info. www.hila.webcentre.ca or puertovallartainfo.com (or pvinformation).
take the bus to boca, walk down into the town, turn left, walk to where you can cross the river (should be a stone path) and start the hike
we did the hike last february and it was the best day we had. there are some good spots where you need to be limber or at least in some short of shape. it only took about an hour and a quarter but we are in pretty good shape.
lots of private coves and great sea shell hunting. there are two beaches before las animas proper that are to die for!
you will pass through people's houses/land just before las animas- but don't worry. they are quite hospitable and will offer you beer or water.
one gentleman we met along the way said that his son has hiked from boca to yelapa and that it took him 8 hours!
in order to get back to boca we asked a local fisherman for a boat ride back. he only asked for 20 pesos each! we gave him a generous tip for his kindness. another business asked 200 pesos! so be careful. there are scheduled rides to and from boca and las animas but they may not be ready to leave when you are.
if you do happen to do the hike please post about your experience. it was, for us, a fantastic day.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Take A Hike

Post by smitty » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:47 pm

Very nice post Delectdee ! :) That does sound like a very enjoyable way to discover and explore PV and surrounding areas.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:16 pm

I'll have to try that one. Also, the canopy tours are a great combination of hiking and "zip-trek". For the Rhythms of the night, it depends on how comfortable you are with your friend. It is pretty much couples oriented.

happygolucky!!!
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by happygolucky!!! » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:23 pm

I took my parents to Rhythms of the Night and didn't feel uncomfortable at all. We had a great time, and I didn't once find myself missing my boyfriend who couldn't make it at the time.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Hiking / Rythms of the Night Questions

Post by ellen » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:00 pm

mamad wrote:I am wondering if anyone can recommend a hike they in enjoyed while visiting PV. Also is Rythm of the Night suitable for two friends traveling together or is it a romantic evening? Thanks from this newbie poster.
Yes, Rythm of the Night is suitable for friends.

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:56 am

I just re-checked the two web sites that i had posted. Hila has changed- so it's not good for the hike info.

Try.......www.vallarta-info.com and check under beach escapes.

Sorry about that.

redgirl76nj
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

is thursday a good night for rythems and where to sit?

Post by redgirl76nj » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:29 pm

i just booked a rymthems of the night cruise for next thursday. is this a decent night to take the cruise? also, i remember reading somewhere on here (but can't locate the post now!) to make sure to sit on the first floor of the boat instead of the second floor and to sit towards the front? can anyone confirm what the best place to sit is?

thanks!! :)

Deb1741
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Deb1741 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:58 am

Redgirl,
I just got back from PV. We went to the Rhythms of the Night on a Friday. It was fantastic and worth the cost. I can't imagine a bad night of the week to go. We chose Friday because Saturday was our last night in PV and we wanted to be able to walk the Malecon (which was our favorite part of the entire trip) one last time the night before we left. As far as where to sit on the boat, I would imagine it would be whatever your preference is. We sat on the 2nd deck at the back so I could look forward (sometimes I get seasick if I constantly look out to the sides). I loved it up there- nothing got in the way of seeing all the sights. A cool thing about the boat trip- on the way back the captain spotted a whale so he went off course to get closer to it for us. We spent about 20 minutes watching a whale and her baby. One time they breached about 100 feet right in front of the boat. It was so awesome.
Deb

pparks
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

HIke ot Las Animas

Post by pparks » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:12 am

My wife and I have been going to Vallarta for eight years - all in a row! We love the area and there is so much to do.

The hike to Las Animas is AWESOME! Beautiful scenery and so much wild life. Colomitos beach is our favorite place to scuba dive. I can't do it any justice with words. Suffice to say, you will enjoy it!

We also did the Rhythms of the Night one of the first years we were there. Wonderful trip, but more of a romantic type of thing. Check it out during the day - the Las Caletas tour. Snorkeling, massage, great food and more. You will enjoy it, too.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re: Boat for Rythms

Post by oneistwo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Anywhere you can watch the sunset from -- practically the whole boat -- is fine with me. Upper deck is more open and therefore more panorama. If you plunk somewhere and don't like the spot you can move around.

If you're the seasick-worrying type, yes, whatever you heard that you think will give you an edge. Remember, it's a bay, and the water's very calm. Focus on having fun.