Waterfall? ATV/canopy tour?

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

reagan75
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Waterfall? ATV/canopy tour?

Post by reagan75 » Fri May 18, 2007 8:40 pm

Is there a tour to view a waterfall or is that something we do on our own? Where is it located? Also, my husband wants to do an ATV/canopy tour. Do you suggest doing the ATV part or just doing the canopy part?

Thanks!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Waterfall, ATV and Canopy

Post by katnsocal » Sat May 19, 2007 6:40 am

You will either have to take a tour or a water taxi to get to the waterfalls. Both are accessible only by boat. The ATV and Canopy tours are two separate tours so you will have to book both or decide which one you want to do the most.

DEdin
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by DEdin » Mon May 21, 2007 8:38 pm

I did the Los Veranos canopy tour in March and had a wonderful time. Fun and enjoyable staff and they made the trip worthwhile.

I think the boat tour to Quiximoto has a waterfall that you can walk to or take a horse to. I seem to recall a land tour for horseback riding that went to a gorgeous waterfall. We stopped at some small towns on the way to the tour area. I think it took about an hour by tour bus to get there.

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Mon May 21, 2007 11:55 pm

We just returned and found there are a lot of options now offered for the canopy tours. Vallarta Adventures now offers a outdoor adventure that includes a canopy tour with a mule ride to the tour and you rappel down two waterfalls as part of the tour. And I believe someone offers one with a ATV ride to the canopy tour. They do say to bring extra shoes as they will get wet during the tour.

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:57 pm

There is a pretty neat waterfall at El Eden. Its on the south side of the bay. You can take a taxi there but I would consider renting a Jeep or car for the day. Its above Mismaloya beach. What I usually do is go out to Mismaloya beach early and then make the drive up around 1 or 2. The trip up there is amazing. Lots of photo ops on the way. There is also a canopy tour out there.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Tue May 22, 2007 11:49 pm

Near El Eden is a waterfall you can slide down into the pool below. A lot of fun. The water is surprisingly cold.