Panga Rental

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru
Panga Rental

Post by Contessa » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:19 am

We'd like to rent a panga for the day, there are 7 in our group... any advice... contact number, $$ etc. would be much appreciated. We are looking at Jan 2 or 3 as the day we'd like?

Sandra

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:15 pm

I would head down to Boca de Tomatlan and negotiate with any of several pangos there. We had a great day going to Las Animas & Yelapa, then Los Arcos, whale watching, city tour and finally dropped on the beach at Los Tules where we were staying. There were 8 of us.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Get a hold of katnsocal (Kathie) thru this board. The captain of the boat is Alberto who she is partners with. Here is a picture of the panga.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:26 pm

And if you go with Alberto then just make absolute sure that you are getting onto the right boat and some selfish pirate isn't duping you into going with him instead! First hand experience with that and I'm still pissed off about that.

Joyce

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by Contessa » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:35 am

LOL... joyce I remember you being so pissed off! Yes, I got ahold of Kat... and will give Alberto a call.

PS... It's windy and very cool here in PV... unlike anything I've seen. Hoping tomorrow brings a change. Had the first sorta sunset tonight... in a week!!! Oh well.. it beats the snow at home!!!

Hasta pronto amiga...! If the weather doesn't improve, i'm not going home til it does!!!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:30 am

I also recommend Alberto - he was wonderful when we went with him Jan of 2006.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:51 pm

I will add a big AMEN to that. Alberto runs a fine trip, knows the waters and the fishing and above and beyond, One Heck of a person.

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

alberto and katsnsocal

Post by teatrolimon » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:34 pm

ive never heard anythjing bad about these two peoples boat charter

trp advisor mentions them often

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by Contessa » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:05 pm

Alberto picked us up yesterday promptly at 10 at the pier for a four hour tour. It was amazing! We were out only 10 minutes and came across a HUGE Manta... 1500 kilos... at least 14 feet across! We wished we had jumped in an swam with it. We saw at least 8 more... not quite as big as the first. We also saw 3 or more giant turtles... the guys went snorkeling at Los Arcos... but the visibility just really isn't good on the west coast. We then toured the coastline to Los Animas... came through a pod of yellow fin, tried fishing, but no luck. We had a great time, and Alberto was a great guy to go with.

I would highly recommend going out on the water during your visit in PV.
Last edited by Contessa on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pkrfc
PV Fan
PV Fan

Cost

Post by pkrfc » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:34 pm

No one has mentioned what the cost might be.
Back in PV in 9 sleeps.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows prices.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:41 pm

We paid $140 for 4 hours in Jan 2006...not sure if prices are the same

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Contact me for prices, not all trips are created equal. :lol: The price depends on the number of people and type of trip you want to do.

pkrfc
PV Fan
PV Fan

Day trip

Post by pkrfc » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:33 am

Since we are on the subject. I was considering taking my sister on a day trip to Yelepa. The other conversation. But if going out with you for a day is an option, Im open to offers. There are 6 of us. 4 adults and 2 children looking for up to 3 or 4 hours of some snokeling and a nice beach for an afternoon. Any ideas on cost?
I can give you an email if thats best.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:50 pm

IIRC the cost for the tour following the day at the beaches was twice what just the day would have cost. Well worth it if you have 6 people to share the cost.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:49 pm

pkrfc,
email katnsocal at yahoo.com or send me a message through my inbox.

mphill9929
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Boat Rental

Post by mphill9929 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:32 pm

We are going to be in Boca De Tomatlan in June. There will be a group us there and we have a house rented for a month.

It was or plan to bring one or two boats with us but it might be easier if we could rent or charter a boat while we are there.

I am not interested in daily charters or rental. Who do you recommend we talk to for a month long rental or charter? We intend to fish and dive while we are there and possibly use the boat for transport from the house to the PV Marina where we will store one of our vehicles.

Mark

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Mark,
There would be alot of issues in you renting a panga in PV. It would have to be a larger private boat in the marina and then that would probably be difficult to do.

Some of the issues in renting a panga would be:

The boats are used for income purposes either fishing or tourist tours so to compensate someone what they would potentially earn for a month could be quite costly for you.

The permits, insurance, etc. are tied directly to the captain's name along with the boat, so you are not going to be operating the boat that is permitted to someone else.

To get back and forth to your car in the marina your best option would be to use the water taxis from Boca.