Fishing Guide

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

biglibs
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Fishing Guide

Post by biglibs » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:37 am

Hello, I am looking for a local guide to take two people out reef fishing. I do not want to go deep sea fishing. I like to cast and try to catch fish from 5-20 lbs. IF anyone knows of a local guide who can help me I would appreciate the hook up.
Thanks Craig

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:55 am

You won't find any real "reef fishing" in PV. The only two reef areas are Los Arcos and Las Marietta's...both of which are marine preserves...no fishing allowed.

The locals fish from Los Muertos pier and other points along the shore at the rock jettys. You don't need a guide for that, just walk along the beach from jetty to jetty and look for others fishing in those areas.

rapid
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by rapid » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:10 am

your right Kat star and i fish from shore every year. buy yourself a break down pole you can put in your suitcase and buy silver hooks heavy line. get bait from marina guys selling from little boats to charters. if you want a real great time go out on kats ponga with Alberto we got fish and laughed so hard my sides hurt. Paul

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Expensive Fishing Trip

Post by smitty » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:59 am

Two avid fishermen go on a fishing trip. They rent all the equipment: the reels, the rods, the wading suits, the rowboat, the car, and even a cabin in the woods. They spend a fortune.

The first day they go fishing, but they don't catch anything. The same thing happens on the second day, and on the third day. It goes on like this until finally, on the last day of their vacation, one of the men catches a fish.

As they're driving home they're really depressed. One guy turns to the other and says, "Do you realize that this one lousy fish we caught cost us fifteen hundred dollars?"

The other guy says, "Wow! It's a good thing we didn't catch any more!"

biglibs
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by biglibs » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:57 am

So if we are looking to do some fishing, what would you recommend? I have never got too excited form deep sea fishing. Have never had a lot of luck.
Thanks for all the help.
Big Libs

rapid
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by rapid » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:44 am

If you look at Katnsocal picture you can see her boat. i went out on it with Alberto and we got fish. not like a big boat you dont sit and listen to that motor all day and choke on the diesel smoke your not after the big one like sail fish. i have caught both and let me tell you i like this much better, still makes your arms ache for alot less money and alot more fish. they dont fish the reefs but there is spots he will stop and you can fish. we did with our light poles it was wild Paul PS I must add i do also like to fish from the big boats. i didnt want to make it sound like they are no good because they do also work very very hard for you
Last edited by rapid on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 pm

I do both, fish for the bigger Dorado, Sail and Marlin off the Sportsfishing boats and fish with Alberto on a Panga in the Bay. Both are great. No one works harder for the clients then most of the PV Captains. That is especially true when fishing off the Lucero with Beto.