Hiking

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

biglibs
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Hiking

Post by biglibs » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:39 am

My wife and I love to hike and are vacationing in PV soon and wanted to see where we can get info on the best hikes in the area. Also if we may be able to take the bus to them or if we need to rent a car. we are both in our 30's and very active so difficulty is not an issue.
Thanks
Craig

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:49 am

http://www.villaencantada.com/puerto-va ... nimas.html

You may want to take a look at this site. I've done the hikes and found it to be an awesome way to spend the day. People along the way have been wonderfully hospitable and friendly. By the end of the day we were too tired to hike it back to Boca and we were lucky to find a fisherman who gave us a boat ride back. He only asked for 50 pesos...needless to say we gave him more...had a great ride back as he generously pulled into some of the spots we had seen and wanted to check out on the hike.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Here is JRs site

Also some discussions here:
Hiking around the Bay

Also check out the jungle around El Nogalito and beyond Paso Ancho.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:30 pm

A mini-hike when you are in downtown PV is to walk straight up calle Iturbide, which is right by the cathedral. Just keep walking up, up, up the stairs. At first they are straight, and then you veer to the left (north) slightly, and you come upon a curving stairway. Just keep going up, up. You see little shrines along the way, built right into the stone walls. When you get to the top, enjoy the beautiful, vast view!

Near the bottom of the hill, there is a great vegetarian restaurant. You will walk right past it.