Activities for children ages 4 years and 18 months

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

madelon8
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Activities for children ages 4 years and 18 months

Post by madelon8 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:35 pm

We will be staying at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta in December with two children ages 4years and 18 months. What kind of activities or tours would be appropriate for them? Also is the Zoo in Mismaloya a good place to go? Did they ever complete the amusement park we read about?

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:27 pm

I don't know about any zoo in Mismaloya, but there is a small zoo very close to where you are staying. It is on the grounds of Paradise Village in Nuevo. It would be fun for the kids to see the animals, and it is free.

There is a dolphin adventure also close to where you are staying, that may allow young children to participate. I would search online "dolphins nuevo vallarta" and you should find it.

I am not aware of any amusement park in or around PV.

My kids are now 13 and 16, and we have been on many beach vacations over the years. When my kids were 1 and 4, we found that we had the most fun if we just parked it at the hotel/condo, spent lots of time in the pools and at the beach. That way, you can run back to the room for anything you need, or for the nap, etc. The kids seemed happier once the surroundings became familiar to them, and we (the parents) were happy to just sit by the pool or ocean and keep an eagle eye on the kids. Usually we would meet other families and help each other out a bit. The kids would play with their new friends. On some trips, we would take turns babysitting each other's kids so that the adults could go out for dinner alone.

There is a good Italian restaurant right by the Mayan Village. I cannot remember the name of it, between the Mayan and Paradise Village, there is a road that goes to Villa Varadero (sp?), and it is on that road.