Bus Service to Sayulita

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pkrfc
PV Fan
PV Fan
Bus Service to Sayulita

Post by pkrfc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Well just 24 hours and we will be off to PV. One day on this trip I would like to go to Sayulita by bus. Ive heard that I can catch it at the Giante Mall for $2 each way. Is this true? Does anyone know what time they might start in the morning. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
GH

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:25 pm

To my knowledge, you cannot catch the Sayulita bus at the Gigante Plaza. You can get it in front of HSBC on Avenida Francia or you can get it at the far busstop at the Wal-mart plaza. $2.00 should be about right for the cost as it is 10 pesos to go as far as Bucerias. I don't know what time they start exactly but I have been on the bus to Bucerias as early as 7 AM and the same bus continued on to Sayulita.

pkrfc
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by pkrfc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Thank you so much for the info. This will help alot. I guess you can ignore the other message I sent. Leaving in the morning. Will be at the pool by noon. I am taking my niece and nephew surfing on thursday, so the info on getting to sayulita will help alot. Thanks again.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:48 pm

We went to Sayulita twice when we were there in Feb. First week went by bus and it was a great Mexican experience and one I would recommend. Second week we went by car with friends/staff of the GCP and are going again in March and can't wait!! Did anyone happen to watch Dateline last night? They were in Sayulita looking for Olivia Newton John's missing ex-boyfriend there. It was great as they were exactly where we had been. Can't wait to go back.

mexico-mvt
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mexico-mvt » Tue May 05, 2009 10:40 am

lojol60 wrote:We went to Sayulita twice when we were there in Feb. First week went by bus and it was a great Mexican experience and one I would recommend. Second week we went by car with friends/staff of the GCP and are going again in March and can't wait!! Did anyone happen to watch Dateline last night? They were in Sayulita looking for Olivia Newton John's missing ex-boyfriend there. It was great as they were exactly where we had been. Can't wait to go back.
If you're going back to Sayulita, then it must be a wonderful place to visit. When you say you went by bus... from where? How long was the trip? Was the bus comfortable? Thanks

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:03 pm

The Sayulita bus we rode on, just like the ones for the north shore of the bay, was a step up from the local rattlers. Comfortable, but nothing fancy.

I wonder how pkrfc did.