Marigalante Pirate Ship

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Big Brian
PV Fan
PV Fan
Marigalante Pirate Ship

Post by Big Brian » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Does any one know if it will be operating in June. This will be my 3rd time to PV and I always have to come in May or June. I keep missing out on the fun...

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Arizona Karen » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Author iheartMexico knew of someone who worked on the boat back in Nov. of '07; maybe they will know that person. iheartMexico was able to ask this same question for me back then. Someone else noted that they called the Marigalante directly in order to have this question answered.

Good luck; it's worth the trouble to find out.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:00 am

Just google Marigalante and the web site will come up. There should be all the info there that you need.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:09 am

Brian,
Support this website and book your tour here. I am sure you will be able to PM mgallard (site admin) and find out the answer to your question. The information as to when the ship will be in drydock is not on their website. I am sure you will get an answer to your PM here faster than you would through the Marigalante; businesses in Mexico are not known for really fast responses to their emails.
Last edited by katnsocal on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:44 pm

Something else to keep in mind.... We were on the Marigalante in Nov. on the day trip with my sister and her family. The day trip is family oriented. The evening excursion is for adults only. When we went several years ago, that wasn't the case. Enjoy!!!

Big Brian
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Big Brian » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:18 am

They are accepting reservations for June so I would guess that they are going to be open. I will keep in mind booking through this site. I have used it many times to check out hotels and activities. I will at least book taxis through here.

Got to give a little to get a little..

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

June reservations

Post by poppy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:29 am

I am here now and I believe it is running tours. Tours sell for $69.00 for the evening cruise if you buy from Scott's in Bucerias. Adults only. Dinner is sit down, served down below. Two shows.

stephen
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

is it worth it?

Post by stephen » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:42 pm

Hey everyone, me and my wife have a trip planned for mid October. I stumbled upon readling about this ship and the website for it looks really neat and sounds fun. We had planned a PV trip months ago but now the extra spending money is a bit scarce. In ya'lls opinion, is it worth the price to go on the ship? Or should we spend our money on other things.(FWIW, we were looking at doing the evening show). thanks!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:17 am

Stephen,
I have been on the evening and the day cruise but it has been several years ago. If I was to do either again, I would do the evening cruise. It is certainly something different than having dinner on land. The entertainment was fun and the food was alright. I have had better dinners at other restaurants on land but they did not have the entertainment/show that goes along with the cruise.

Whether or not it would be better than another activity depends on you I guess.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Pirates Life

Post by smitty » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Be yee a landlubber ? If then ... you scurvy dogs should avoid this adventure lest we make you walk the plank ! Image

Be yee adventurious it is booty well spent ! Image

stephen
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by stephen » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks for ya'lls feedback. My wife and I also are doing AI and just figured it sounded like an activity that we would not be able to do anywhere else. Sounds to me like a mini cheaper cruise. Though I have no experience with ever being on a cruise but it still sounds like a good fun night out. So my next question is, how well do you feel the water movement on this ship. Should I pack some "motion sickness" pills just in case? Do they take you out far or just far enough to wave back at the land? Sorry for all the questions! First time PV trip! :)

bradleytex77
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by bradleytex77 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Was just in PV for the week of Oct 3-11. My sister, parents and I bought tickets for the evening show and were not very pleased. We were expecting a good pirate show, but here is what we got:

- About an hour\hour and a half of dancing and drinking people
- 30 minutes eating decent food, nothing spectacular (packaged vanilla pudding was the dessert)
- 30 minutes of contests were female passengers perform certain tasks
- A 30 minute decent pirate show - this was entertaining in a fun way, but wasn't really what we were expecting in a pirate show
- A 15 minute Mayan indian show - this was very interesting

If you are looking for a drinking club scene, this is right up your alley as it does include an open bar. I do agree that the evening tour is adult oriented (several sexual comments, etc). Our tickets were around $65 US dollars and were purchased at the pirate store off the malecon. Again, you may totally enjoy this type of environment, but wasn't really what we were looking for a $65 ticket. We were hoping for more pirate show and less drunken passengers dancing around on the ship.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:18 pm

JUST AN FYI....

The Marigalante is still not sailing. After a recent fire there are still issues after repair of it taking on water. The day trips have all been cancelled until sometime in Dec. and the evening show is still being sold BUT people are not being informed that the ship never leaves the dock. There have been some unhappy customers who arrived for the trip only to find the ship is never leaving the dock.

Just for the heck of it, I went to their website -www.piratesofthebaypv.com and booked a tour for 11/25 on the daytime tour for 3 adults. It took me through check out to the page to pay with my credit card. Showed the pick up at 9:00 a.m. in the Maritime terminal. No mention at all that this tour was currently cancelled. I guess that is why there are so many unhappy customers.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:31 pm

No fire was reported anywhere.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey JR aka Cabron in South Dakota....(the guy who posts he never posts under an assumed name and always lets everyone know who he is) why don't you just stick to your own website since all you do is badmouth this site every chance you get?

edited to say....
OK it went out and started to sink...and after they thought they had it repaired and were going to send it out on another tour it took on 3 feet of water overnight when the bilge pump shorted out and failed. After a new bilge pump, it made it part way across the bay and started taking on water again....

so Bottom line the boat is still being sold as a working tour and it isn't going anywhere except the dock for the nighttime sail to nowhere.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:26 pm

badmouth
Huh ?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:22 pm

Don't play the stupid/innocent role JR. I don't have the time nor the desire to go back and search for your post on TA in which you responed to someone who had booked a tour through this site. Your response was all about how this site is run out of Guadalajara and thus there is a delay in the information going from Guad to PV for the reservation and back to Guad and then sent out to the customer. You very nicely pointed out that that doesn't happen on your site that they get a confirmation reciept the very same day, as soon as their money is deposited in YOUR papal account.

If one was to believe what you said one would think you have some magical powers or some direct hot line to the tour companies. You have to pick up a telephone or send an email to the tour company to book the "reservation" just like any other tour company/vendor on the beach has to do; but you put it out there that it was a definite disadvantage to book through this site vs. your own.

Quote:
badmouth

Huh ?

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 pm

and the relevance to this thread on the Marigalante is ?