Share a family fishing trip anyone?

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Share a family fishing trip anyone?

Post by ajstanger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Hola,

We will be in PV 4-13-09 to 4-22-09 and we are taking our boys (18 & 11) so there will be 4 of us. We have been on a fishing charter twice out of the 5 previous trips we have had there. We caught Yellow fin both times and had a blast. We would like our boys to experience it also, plus it will be something they haven't done the 2 times they were in PV.

However when I look at the fishing charters I see them listed at $455.00 to $650.00 PER PERSON!!! We do not want to pay the same amount we paid for 9 nights in PV just to go on an 8 hour tour.

We had rented the Adelita for the day 5 or 6 years ago and I think we only paid $400 to $500 TOTAL and there were 7 of us that went. We fished for awhile and we went to Quimoxto and Las Animas and just cruised around the bay. The crew (of 2) was great and even though we bought our own drinks they made sure our hands were never empty. They cleaned and filet'd the tuna we caught.

So my question is that if there is any other family that will be there the same week that we are and would like to split an excursion. Besides it would be nice to meet someone new. PM me if your interested. We are staying at VDP.

We are trying to be as frugal as we can so that we can bring our kids with us on vacations like these. It is our 25th anniversary and we are still taking our boys with us. They grow so fast.

Maybe someone can give me other ideas. Maybe Kat can PM me and let me know something about a trip.

Thanks in advance.

Adios,
T.

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Per Person Costs

Post by helenf » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Are you sure those prices are not in pesos per person?

Helen

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Are you sure those prices are not in pesos per person?
Nope that is the cost of a larger boat for an 8 hour day. You could possibly find a fishing charter that has per person rates, but you will get on the boat, go directly to where you are fishing and come back. You won't be cruising the bay or stopping at any of the beaches. For that you have to do a private charter.

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks for the PM Kat. You sure seem to be a great option and like everyone else on this website, we will speak highly of you.

Of course unless we don't catch anything....... Just kidding. :wink:

Adios,
T.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 pm

We went out on kats boat 2 weeks ago for 7 hrs and had a great time,we saw manta rays,dolphins,whales,sea turtle,plus we caught 3 albacore tuna weighing from 10lbs to 25lbs.Alberto did a great job and was very professional.

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Michelle/Tyler,

Thanks for the reply. Kat did mention that you guys went lately. Can I ask for a link to your vacation pics, if you have one? Or maybe you can just e-mail me some. We would like to see the fish you caught.

Send me a pm if you want (for e-mail address) or just reply here.

I can't wait to go. I am most positive that we will be booking through Kat.

2 years ago when we were fishing we saw a bunch on Manta's. They were HUGE. I have only seen whales from the beach and have yet to see any while on a boat. That would be so cool. On the way back in there was a red tide which was kinda creepy.

Thank a bunch for your input.

Adios,
T.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi I sent you a pm