Tropical Places around PV

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ssc12
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Tropical Places around PV

Post by ssc12 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:16 pm

I will be in PV in mid-July and am interested in exploring waterfalls, jungles, mountain streams; places that are remote and beautiful. Will have a car if needed but will also consider tours...

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

mundo_nogalito
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Tropical Places around PV

Post by mundo_nogalito » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:59 am

[quote="ssc12"]I will be in PV in mid-July and am interested in exploring waterfalls, jungles, mountain streams; places that are remote and beautiful. Will have a car if needed but will also consider tours...

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.[/quot

El Nogalito Town about 15 minutes drive south to Mismaloya beach, there are hike trail to waterfalls up to the river, bird watching and restaurant bar close by... :D

bgsnmky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by bgsnmky » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:19 pm

will this require a car..or can you get their easily by taxi/bus etc

mundo_nogalito
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

no car required...

Post by mundo_nogalito » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:52 pm

bgsnmky wrote:will this require a car..or can you get their easily by taxi/bus etc
if you take the bus it cost you 6.2 pesos (half dollar)
if you take the taxi it cost you 100 from down town (8 dollars)
if you do a car rental, by day it may cost you about 50 dollars

i better suggest take the bus to go mismaloya beach and ask to the bus driver dropp-u on the entrace to el Nogalito.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:13 pm

It is a fair jungle walk to El Nogalito on a dusty road from the highway. If a car is available, take it. The bus will drop you on the highway by Punta Negra.

JR has a map for a hike from Boca de Tomatlan to Las Animas. He recommends that you hike in and then enjoy the beach and panga back.

Most of my downtown hikes have had condos built all over them. There is a subdivision at the south east end of Conchas Chinas that takes you deep into the jungle, almost to El Nogalito but not quite.

You can also go up the Rio Cuale as far as you want. Setting a short destination at Cuale Paraiso for a nice lunch by the river, or an ambitious trip to Moro Paraiso for comida. When you return to Paso Ancho, you can catch the bus back into town.

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

El Nogalito now has a canopy tour

Post by poppy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:23 am

El Nogalito has a restaurant and a new canopy tour. El Nogalito is owned by the Santana family. (Fausto's dad is usually in the restaurant.) My friends tried the canopy tour in March and said it was great. Very knowledgeable, courteous and English-speaking guides. They will pick you up at your hotel if you call them. If you are staying at GCP, go next door to Vallarta Torre and see Abraham and he can book the tour for you. He is personal friends with the family.