Whale Watching Tour

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

travelbugpv1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Whale Watching Tour

Post by travelbugpv1 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:14 pm

This forum helped me out a great deal 5 years ago when my wife and I headed down to PV for our first trip. We are coming down again the last week of Feb., this time with our 3 teenage kids!! We'd love to go whale watching with them but I don't know that I'm sold on any of the trips that I've seen and I don't see a lot of feedback here on the forum. An all day trip is fine with snorkeling would be great. I've been looking at the "Whale Watching to the Marietas Islands Tour" (from this site) on what looks to be a sailboat. We were on the "Bloodhound" last time and it was outstanding and this looks to be close to it. Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks All!!

sneaquie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Been there

Post by sneaquie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

We have been to PV a few times and have done a few "Booze cruises" which usually include snorkeling, horseback riding and beaching. On almost every tour we have been able to see whales. Some very close, others not so close. We also have been on an eco-tour where you go out on a scientific tour in a Zodiac boat and they teach you about the whales. This tour even broadcast sounds under the water to try to attract whales. Sadly, on that particular tour, the "party boats" got better views than we did. I found this site online(-www.puertovallartawhalewatching.org) that will help you out greatly in deciding what tour to pick.
Good luck!

T