ATV Excursion

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

SmileEh
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
ATV Excursion

Post by SmileEh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Hello All...
I'm looking for an ATV Excursion to do with my partner on our anniversary in March... we are both in our 30's and think this would be a blast... the problem is that I can't seem to figure out which one would be the best... on this site I found ATV's Tour Single and ATV's Tour Double and both are three hours... can't understand the difference as the blurb for both are the same, the only difference is the price... the Single one is 85.50 Each and the Double one is 117.00 Each (you'd think this would be cheaper since two people on one ATV) or maybe I got the whole Single/Double thing interpreted wrong... then off of puertovallartatours.net I found one called Chacala Rancho Tour which looks fantastic and its 6 hrs for 126.00 for two people on the same ATV and this one includes lunch and will show us how they make local moonshine but the best part is that we will go to the natural hot springs of Agua Caliente (that sounds awesome as I've never been to a hot springs... anyways I'm writing a book here lol... can someone please tell me there opinion of which ATV Excursion they would recommend... even if it's one I haven't mentioned above... THANKS!

SmileEh
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by SmileEh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm saddened at the lack of feedback... has no one done an ATV Excursion??... would be nice if someone could steer me towards a good one as mentioned in my above post... any help would be great as we're leaving in 3.5 weeks...

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:24 pm

The Chacala Rancho Tour was discontinued over a month ago, that site ----.puertovallartatours.net/ is woefully out of date and the site is just a ticket re-seller, . Go direct to the tour operator, -www.unique-atv-tours.com/
The Single or Double driver price is not per person but per ATV machine. :)
I would only recommend Unique, the others people have had many problems with.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:01 am

I forget the outfit we went with 5 years ago but I could look back and find it somewhere... they were great and were $75 per machine. They had brand new (at the time) Honda ATV's. We had such a good time that we came home and bought our own ATV's. :D

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

ATV Tours Puerto Vallarta

Post by webmaster » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Your ATV tours can be reserved here on the site at: http://www.puertovallarta.net/tours/ind ... fi=Offroad

Greetings

Mogens
Webmaster

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:55 pm

the site is just a ticket re-seller
You say that like that is a bad thing....strange statement coming from a re-seller himself.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Yes, that's true, but I gave a link that's direct to the tour operator.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Question JR,
How many people would you allow to go on your website and post links to companies and take business away from you? Use your site with no commission for you?? I don't think so.

This site sells tours and out of respect for this site (if you are going to post on it) wouldn't it be nice to refer people to this sites tour section instead of directly away from this site to the company?

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan

fair market

Post by islena » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:46 am

to katnsocal, i do understand your POV, about not promoting
the competitors. HOWEVER, by NOT bashing every mention
of a competitor, the opinions and reviews posted here seem more sincere.

If the sponsor of this website let some info get out of date,
and needed a nudge to get it updated, that seemed okay to me
because it was a nudge and not a bash.

I think we like this forum becuz it feels real and not
just fluffed up reviews for the purpose of a hard sell.
i'm sure we all get enough hard sell in the shark tank at PVR !

imho,
islena

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 am

Islena,
It is not THIS website that is out of date. I did not bash the mention of a competitor, it was "Cabron" aka JR that bashed the competitor by saying their website was out of date. Thank you for not putting words in my mouth. I did not comment on any ATV tour because I don't recommend any of them, just a personal opinion.

I merely question why JR comes on here and directs someone away from this site and directly to a company rather than directing the person to the link for the tour section here. He is after all posting on this website, not his own.

If you have been following this website for the past year you will know with all of the economic hits that Mexico has taken even keeping this website up and running has not been an easy task. Keeping this forum that we all can keep posting on depends on the financial stability which comes through tour/rentals/lodging and advertising. None of us pay to keep it running unlike some other PV websites. JMHO

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Disturbing parasites

Post by webmaster » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:11 pm

We really don't appreciate it when people parasite other peoples work. When a customer wants to recommend a good service or company we normally don't have a problem with that, but when someone is just recommending for a profit, then that is just deceitful and low.

Thanks Kat and others for pointing out this abuse, cabron has earned himself a ban, not only has this person insulted and badmouthed me behind my back, he has the nerve and shamelessness to come to the forum I administer to sell his tours... Pathetic.

Kind regards

Mogens
Admin