Tour Suggestions

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

TammyTodd2122
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Tour Suggestions

Post by TammyTodd2122 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Hello!

My husband and I will be visiting PV March 13-17th, staying in Mismaloya. This is our first time to the area and we would like to experience the "must do" events. We were thinking about Rhythms of the night, whale watching, zip lining, etc. Mostly, we want to get a feel for the area and see as much as possible while we're there. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Tammy
Fort Worth, TX

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Tammy: This very forum has tons of suggestions. If you were to read it back several pages you will get lot's of ideas. Have fun! Chuck... 8)

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:05 am

i would take the water taxi to yelapa. spend the day on the beach swimming or ride horseback or walk to the waterfalls.

burchern
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Try the Real World Home Tour

Post by burchern » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Stunning landscapes, delicious foods and warm welcomes cause visitors from all over the world to return to the Bahia de Banderas time and time again. Real World Home Tours capture the essence of the diverse lifestyles around the bay while allowing appreciative visitors to give back to the local communities they love.

The Real World Home Tour visits four exclusive homes, from spectacular luxury estates to modest pueblos, where visitors experience both the differences and similarities in the lifestyles of the locals and the expats who make up the bay’s rich community.
Details include:

• Departure every Friday (January 22 – April 2)
• Ticket sales at 9:15 am from Bucerías Centro(On Lazaro Cardenas, near the gazebo, in front of the Michoacan ice cream shop)
• Tour bus departure at 10:30 am – Return 2:30 pm
• Tickets cost at $450 pesos ($35 USD)
• 10% discount at PEACE store
• Transportation, tour map and souvenir water bottle

100% ticket proceeds support PEACE, an organization that focuses on education, entrepreneurship, animal well-being, and community engagement in the coastal regions of Nayarit, Jalisco and Quintana Roo, Mexico.

“A lot of people who visit the Puerto Vallarta area would love to interact with locals on a personal level, but don’t know how to do it,” said Molly Fisher, Director of PEACE Mexico. “Our programs allow them to step out of their comfort zone and really learn what life here is like, while supporting local communities.”

For reservations or more information, contact: yavette(at)peacemexico.org.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:32 am

Four days isn't a whole lot of time, and give yourself at least one day to just walk around El Centro and an evening on the Malecon (Weekend nights are best for that, and I think Sunday is sometimes the more crowded).

I'll give my condensed list, which is still too long for four days (you can look up the things that might pique your interest; all have been mentioned on this board).

Rythms of the Night is OK, or you could take the same ride during the day. Do take one boat ride; the views from the water are dramatic. I'm not sure if there's any more half day whale watchings, but that's a fun ride. Do budget cab fare and time to get from Mismaloya to the Harbor.

In addition to the house tour one of your repliers mentioned, I think there's still another one that tends to look more to the Conchas Chinas and Mismaloya area.

If you're in Mismaloya, you're halfway to the Botanical Garden on the road to El Tuito. Ask your hosts how to flag down the bus, or if there's some other way to get there.

If you can spend a day just walking around El Centro, you can shop at Lucy's Cucu Cabana, have tapas for lunch at Los Caprichos, mojitos at La Bodeguita del Medio (hora feliz all afternoon "One is two!") or margaritas at Cafe Roma (I haven't been yet, but the proprietor has promised a good time).

If you're in town in the evening and feeling a little wild and crazy, you can watch the sunset from Cuates y Cuetes, then find your way to Andales and sleep late, very late the next day. On second thought, if you're only there four days, you might to save that for next time.

Are you all-inclusive? If not there's at least a dozen restaurants anybody could recommend for dinner. Troll the Restaurant section of this board.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:22 am

If you are not in an AI make sure you go across the road to the village and eat at Tony's La Choza. Fantastic food and great service right in the area you are staying in.