Skydiving?

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Tigurius
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Skydiving?

Post by Tigurius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 am

Is there skydiving available in PV? Though would it be cheaper than it would be in say Canada or the US?

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:43 am

Have you sky dived(doven?) before? Are you certified? Do you know how to check your chute AND plane? Just remember, you get what you pay for. Be Careful! Chuck... 8)

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:55 am

Have you sky dived(doven?) before? Are you certified? Do you know how to check your chute AND plane?
If there are any companies that do this - ...... would they be unlike any of the other 'fun' rides on the beach and uh .... care abut the customers experience level? :lol:

Hey Tigurius: If you are going to do this let me know... I wanna see how well you can steer to avoid landing in either the mountains or the ocean.

Tigurius
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Tigurius » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:19 am

hehe, well why I ask if there are any that would be "reputable" ... as for plane, actually yes I do know how to check the safety of a plane :) 10 hours short of getting my licence.

as for skydiving, i would have more so been looking for a tandem jump, but now I know :)

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:32 pm

All I can say is you are braver than me.. I've been a pilot for 35 years, and once in an insane moment when I was about 20 agreed to skydive with a group. I showed up at the airport, even got ½ of the kit on, before a part of my brain that switches the bravery part on decided to shut itself off. Everybody else went and had a great time.

If you do go.. enjoy. Having flown some really questionable planes in my lifetime I wouldn't be overly concerned about checking out the plane.. If it manages to get off the ground and it happens to develop something major, you have the ability to leave the pilot to work everything out on his own.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:14 pm

When I was in Vietnam, we had two things we would say to Airborne(in bars) when we wanted to start something: (1) "Only a fool would jump out of a perfectly good airplane". (2) "Only two things fall from the sky; Water and Bird s***. And you don't look wet to me". The the fun would start. Acrually, once I was ordered to jump(NOT airborn, NOT trained)from a perfectly good plane. I was MI working with Brigade S2. My boss and I had to jump into a fortified hamlet at 2:00am that was under VC seige. I flat out refused to jump so my boss pushed me and pulled my rip cord as I left the plane. We landed safely, accomplished our mission, and I received the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry for being so "brave". Just a war story from years gone by. Chuck... 8)

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:39 am

All I can say is that if that were me, I'd be hoping to have a spare pair of shorts and pants in the back pack. Would definitely have needed it., and that's without the middle of the night BS. If I was in front of the other guy, he might have had some debris on his face mask.

I was told that a few of those that jumped that day had second thoughts as they exited, and were basically clawing at an empty sky with both hands as they were dropping.