Yelapa? or other

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Oneroberta
PV Fan
PV Fan
Yelapa? or other

Post by Oneroberta » Mon May 03, 2010 6:55 pm

day trip--- Would like a short day trip from PV... Want exquisite beach and maybe Parasailing... Saw Waterfalls in Yelapa... Any advice? Be there end of June

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon May 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Yelapa is a neat village to go to to get the feel of a real Mexican Village. The waterfall in June may or may not be a disappointment. It is best during and right after rainy season. Since June starts rainy season it depends on how much rain they have had when you are there as to how much it is flowing.

I don't find the beach to be all that great for swimming just because of the number of boats in that small inlet. BUT the pie from the pie lady is to die for. I usually go everytime I am in PV for the day but we stop along the way to swim and snorkel at different beaches and I usually just have lunch/drinks in Yelapa.

Oneroberta
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Oneroberta » Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Katn--- how wonderful your replys are, thank you so much for the usefull info... The rain was my last concern. I will be booking this week, I've decided on the Villa Premiere... They have jacuzzi suites with in my budget and the thought of being within walking distance sounds fun... As for a good swimming beach what would you suggest ? Any other must do's for me and my husband... Want romance, and lots of it... I would also love to try Parasailing , never done it but willing to try ...

Oneroberta
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Oneroberta » Mon May 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Katn--- how wonderful your replys are, thank you so much for the usefull info... The rain was my last concern. I will be booking this week, I've decided on the Villa Premiere... They have jacuzzi suites with in my budget and the thought of being within walking distance sounds fun... As for a good swimming beach what would you suggest ? Any other must do's for me and my husband... Want romance, and lots of it... I would also love to try Parasailing , never done it but willing to try ...

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Tue May 04, 2010 5:27 am

would also consider Sayulita and San Pancho (San Francisco) for the day. You can take the bus (adventurous plus inexpensive) or rent a car or rent a car/driver to take you. These are north of town.

Romance??? ---- I recommend La Palapa for a dinner (expensive), Barcelona Tapas (moderate), and Cafe Candela (inexpensive-- for dinner or just a drink/appetizers or after dinner drink). River Cafe is also nice-- moderate to expensive.

You can walk to all of these places from Villa Premiere.

I also love walking along the Malecon esp at night. Feel the breeze and watch all the activities. Stop for gelato, coffee, martini, crepes, etc. Whatever suits your fancy.

Sally

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue May 04, 2010 5:45 am

You will have a wonderful time. Being able to walk to town is a definite plus. I take the bus or a taxi from the hotel zone but I often get off just past the Sheraton and walk the rest of the way. There are little shops all along the way and it just feels like Mexico. If it was me, I would still use the beach at Villa Premiere, just be aware that there are rocks in the sand and water in that area, if you are aware you should avoid stubbing your toes or kicking them. If you go to another beach you usually end up sitting in the sun with no shade as the resorts do not share well with non-guests (LOL). You can go to Los Muertos Beach and you will find alot of beachside restaurants that you can either rent a chair or use them while you are consuming at the establishment, alot of people who stay in condos off the beach use these restaurants. I sometimes walk from the north hotel zone to the Sheraton just to walk along the beach, there are a couple of places that you have to walk up and around some rock jettys, but nothing hard to do. You could take a bus and go to Playa Gamelas (ask the driver to let you off there). There is a stairway down to the beach from the road and it is a neat remote beach but no facilities or restaurants. You could also go south to Lindo Mar Resort and have lunch (their brunch is wonderful too) they don't care if you sit on their beach afterwards, it is small and nice.

Parasailing is available all along the beach, there is usually someone at every resort.

Take a taxi to Mismoloya and go to Tony's Hideway for dinner. It is a great experience, you feel like you are in a tree house in the jungle and watch for the fireflies.