What is the MUST DO Adventure/Activity ???

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sunnyd
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
What is the MUST DO Adventure/Activity ???

Post by sunnyd » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:42 pm

We are going down for the first time Oct 23 and want to do a couple adventure tour activity things what have you done that you rave about and what would you advise not to do ?
So far we would like to swim with dolphins (hubby) and i would like to go parasailing

I have read alot of the older posts and have gotten ideas,but some up to date info would be wonderful !!

Have a great day
20 DAYS and a coffee !!! :D 8V8

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 pm

If you are into excitement, I would definitely do a zipline tour.

Make sure you go to the Malecon on Sunday night. Lots of great people watching, and a real feel for the Mexican culture. Great food being sold by vendors. Make sure you check out the sand sculptures and the rock stacking. There are tip jars set up in front of the displays, these guys spend alot of time working only for the tips they get.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:27 pm

We have very much enjoyed snorkle trips to Islas Marietas with both Geronimo and Vallarta adventures. The Vallarta Adventures zipline was fun but I've heard tha Las Caletas is even better. It's a long day but Vallarta Adventures also has a tour up to San Blas where you board a panga to go out in the swamp to search for crocodiles. We spotted 4 of them along with a large variety of other wildlife. check here for ordering on line and supporting this site.
http://www.puertovallarta.net/tours/index.php
Also:
-www.vallarta-adventures.com

sunnyd
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by sunnyd » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi and Thanks for the replies !
There is so much to do we have to keep reminding ourselves that we are going down to relax :D(as in hold down beach chairs :) )
The zipline sounds like so much fun(by the way Iam deathly afraid of heights), but the crocodile search would be right up the hubbys alley
it also sounds like there is also alot of almost free things to do, what a great place to explore !!

Have a Great Day
19 DAYS and a coffee :D 8V8

jannsol
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

What is the MUST DO Adventure/Activity ??? The Answer

Post by jannsol » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:43 pm

i would personally recommend the canopy la vista combo tour you get to take a 4x4 atv to a zip line and see everything in between. There is also an outdoor adventure tour where you go by boat then atv and then horseback through the mountains above Vallarta that one is a must do as well. I received a magazine at the airpor called enjoy-magazine i called their number and i got a 15% discount on both we also took the rhythms of the night which was the most romantic thing my wife and i had done for a while. Hope i helped, enjoy your trip. :)

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Sorry, when I said "Las Caletas" I meant "Las Veranas" for the zip line.

keyambassador

Re: What is the MUST DO Adventure/Activity ???

Post by keyambassador » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:41 am

After read this post I got Finally you enjoyed the tour and it should be. All the best for next time.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:21 pm

You can drive or ride the ATV's. Whatever you like. Saw some crazy hang gliding going on at Yelapa...didn't check into it last time. There were people kite boarding on the water as well...