how's the ZOO???

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jordanjordan
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
how's the ZOO???

Post by jordanjordan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:33 pm

just wondering if anyone has checked out the PV Zoo lately? i'm excited to spend a day there this July when I come down with my girlfriend.. any stories or suggestions?

http://www.vallartaonline.com/informati ... llartaZoo/

thanks!

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:32 pm

I guess the lack of responses is in itself an answer. I went past there when they were still building it and they had high hopes but haven't heard a thing since then.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Out of curosity, I looked at igougo.com's user reviews and there was nothing posted there about the zoo.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:08 am

The zoo is still open. Last I heard they had a baby cat (panther, maybe) that would be almost 3 months old now. You can pay to feed and hold the baby cats but by 3 months they are pretty frisky and rough to play with or feed. It depends on how many babies they get in and when as to your chances on holding them. A customer of ours had a pretty nasty bruise on her are from one of the monkeys grabbing her. I am still hoping to get there when the baby cats are small enough to hold and feed. It was just starting to rain when we went by there last week so we didn't go in.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 pm

We went there this spring. There were three young cats for petting then.

There are hazards, like the giraffs can eat your hat. So you have to be cautious. They had a cholo there that craved human companionship. It was sad to see him alone in a cage. You can buy several types of feed bags to make the visit interactive.

edlin68
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by edlin68 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 am

We visted the zoo 2 years ago and plan on going back this year. It is definetly interesting. I look forward to seeing the new kittens. It is worth the $6.