Fishing charter help please

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

wyoblu
PV Fan
PV Fan
Fishing charter help please

Post by wyoblu » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:58 am

We will be in Nuevo Vallarta October 13-20th. We have three adults and two children that would like to take a day fishing trip. We would prefer to leave from the Nuevo Marina, if possible. Does anyone have any charter recommendations or contacts? All input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Marlys

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:54 am

The marina in Nuevo is private and boats from PV are not allowed in to pick up customers. We have snuck a few back in after a trip but it is not easily done. :shock: I think if you want to go out of Nuevo you will have to find a boat in Nuevo (Nayarit). I can tell you what will happen if you post on TA, they will tell you to go all the way up to Punta de Mita by bus and go with a boat from the fishing co-op. They charge more than the boats from PV do so you might as well go into PV. Sorry I couldn't help more. :(

wyoblu
PV Fan
PV Fan

Fishing

Post by wyoblu » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:10 am

Can you recommend someone in pv or are you a charter fishing operator? Just at a loss here.
Thanks
Marlys

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:29 am

Marlys,
Yes, I have a charter boat in PV. Email me at katnsocal@yahoo.com and I will give you info. Even though Mogens told me he had no problem with me giving info on our boat, I prefer to not use his website to promote our business.

By your posting name I assume you are in Wyoming? I worked in Cheynne for a couple of months. :)

cside17
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Punta Mita fishing charters

Post by cside17 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 pm

yes it is a bit of a ride to Punta Mita, but the prices are well worth it. Plus you are about an hour to 1 1/2 hrs closer to the good fishiing areas. I have fished from there CO-op on 3 occasions. Way better prices than PV. Currently haggling for a trip between Sept 23rd-29th Staying at the Royal DeCanadian.

Unreal deals from Vancouver to PV and area right now.

Times must be real tough there right now?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:04 am

I'm not sure why you say the prices from the co-op are better than PV. Their rates are the same as most of the pangas from PV and they spend practically no gas to get you fishing. If you factor those facts in, their rates are actually higher.

When the boats leave Nuevo they have lines in the water immediately, so you spend your time both ways fishing, not riding a bus.

Just something to think about. We don't leave out of Nuevo so I am not trying to get anyone's business, just stating facts.