Cruises

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

crazy_kanuck
Cruises

Post by crazy_kanuck » Mon Jun 18, 2001 4:33 pm

Looking for some recommendations on the best snorkeling and booze/party cruises? Keep in mind we are leaving in two weeks, not winter! Are any cruises ones to TOTALLY avoid??

Thanks again,
Joe

Jennybean

Re:Cruises

Post by Jennybean » Mon Jun 18, 2001 4:43 pm

I still recommend the Marigalante Pirate cruise for fun.

Now that the Bahia Alegre isn't running anymore (very sad about that PT!), I guess the Marigalante moves up to the top of my list for fun, good crew, excellent snorkeling, and food.

In the summer season it's hard to tell which boats are going to be busy and which aren't......some may even be docked for the season. Check at your hotel or with your tour provider to see which cruises are being booked and which aren't - that way you won't be the only people on board when you go out.....although that would sure guarantee you a full glass and awesome service!

pt

Post by pt » Wed Jun 20, 2001 1:37 am

Not necessarily in any order:
Cielito Lindo - small (capacity 45) sailboat catamaran to Las Animas.
Noche y Dia - HUGE (capacity 500 but of course, never that full!) - definitely a party boat with a more powerful sound system than any club in town. To Quimixto and Las Animas.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Wed Jun 20, 2001 6:04 pm

Hey PT;

That Noche y Dia boat, have I seen it before? Is it that gigantic catamaran with the palm plants in the corners of the lower deck? If so, whoo - that IS a BIG boat!!

Do you know if there will be any boats in the future going back to Pizota? I would love to go back there sometime.

pt

Post by pt » Thu Jun 21, 2001 1:31 am

Yup! That's the one...it's huge! Even air conditioned restrooms! Good crew on board too. If you want a big party, than that's the one. No, at this time no one is going to Pizota. But you can go by water taxi. I'm surprised no one has started going there. Right now there is even only one day cruise going to Yelapa!

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Jun 21, 2001 3:42 pm

Only one cruise to Yelapa???? Wow, things change don't they?

I wasn't sure if Pizota could be accessed by water taxi unless you lived there, so that's something to keep in mind. Thanks.

And I think I may have to try out the Noche y Dia and those air conditioned bathrooms on my next trip......call it a "research mission" for my friends..... (-;

crazy_kanuck

Post by crazy_kanuck » Thu Jun 21, 2001 5:09 pm

So is the Noche y Dia better than the Marigalante PT? We will only have time for one so the BEST one is what we want!!

pt

Post by pt » Fri Jun 22, 2001 6:39 pm

Gee, that's a tough call. I actually think the Marigalante sunset cruise/fiesta is better than the day trip. Very little beach time during the day and it's kind of boring on the boat nearly the entire day. Night and Day is much more of a party boat, more than the Marigalante day cruise. But the Marigalante sunset is definitely a fiesta! I know, I'm sittin' on the fence on this one...both are good!!!