fishing and tequila plantation

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mmbradley
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
fishing and tequila plantation

Post by mmbradley » Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:46 am

HELP!!!! Arriving in PV for 1 week the end of september. Plan to deep sea fish and want to bring fish home or ship to USA, Texas afterwards. Any ideas on regulations or rates for this. Also comments on the tequila plantation tour. Is it interesting and worth the day long excursion?

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Re:fishing and tequila plantation

Post by howard_jax » Mon Jul 02, 2001 1:53 pm

Have fished there for many years. i would recommend the fleet owned by Dr. Efren Calderon. http://www.vallartafishing.com/english.htm

They have the best boats and crews.

I am not sure of the regulations for bringing fish back. We have always eaten what we wanted there and then given the rest away.

Tell Efren that Howard Brody sent you, he is a good friend and will treat you right. I will be using them again this October, a couple of trips.

bzy1

Re:fishing and tequila plantation

Post by bzy1 » Mon Jul 02, 2001 3:36 pm

List of Approved Products From Mexico
Products must have been produced or grown in Mexico. For meats, proof of origin is required.

Acorns
Bananas
Blackberries
Cactus fruits
Cerimans
Coconuts (but husks or milk must be removed)
Corn husks (silks only; bleached or trimmed)
Dates
Grapes
Limes
Lychees
Meats (but not pork or uncooked poultry)
Melons
Mexican jumping beans
Nuts
Papayas
Pineapples
Raspberries
Strawberries
Tamarind bean pods
Vegetables (but not potatoes, sweet potatoes, or yams)

If you're unsure of what's allowed, call for help. Look in your phone book for the nearest office of USDA, APHIS, PPQ; or call PPQ's central office at (301) 734-8645. If your question is specific to animals or animal products, contact NCIE. U.S. consulates abroad may also be able to answer many of your questions. In addition, APHIS' Internet site at www.aphis.usda.gov provides information on this and other related topics.

I hope this gives you a bit of help- let us know what you find about importing fish from Mexico.