Master Baiter's deep sea fishing don't believe them

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mc
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Master Baiter's deep sea fishing don't believe them

Post by mc » Tue Jul 03, 2001 3:51 am

We just got back Sat 6/30 from PV...our favorite place in the world to go. This trip my husband and kids wanted to go Deep sea fishing, so I started checking around and asking questions on the BB, I'm sorry I didn't take the information I got from them. My family went out, took a charter from the Sheraton where we stayed. It was 400 + they brought food and drinks, it actually was a good trip, they caught a 5 foot wahoo (which is not even in season) the capt told the boys it was not a good fish to eat so they gave it to the capt come to find out it is an excellent fish to eat. They also caught 2 or 3 large tuna 90 pounds or more. The boys wanted to catch Marlin so when we were downtown one day we wandered into Master Baiter's run by Tonya Lynn Gabruk, she told us the boat and capt were not very good. She then went on to tell us about the wonderful service her place provided, well we took the bate and got hooked!! We were given a contract, paid $400 for 1/2 a boat (3 people) and were promised at least one game fish, 5 live bait or 1/3 of the money back. Well, they caught nothing but 2 or 3 little bait fish which they had to use as their live bait since there was none on the boat as promised, Tonya Lynn Gabruk told my kids the little bait fish they caught were game fish and refused to refund any money. She stated that Mexico was a 3rd world county and the bait shops were not open when they left the marina and took no responsibility for any of what was stated in the contract. When my son asked her about that her only response was "well, I guess I should not have that in the contract." It was a total rip, this woman talked up her place like it was all that and a whole bunch more, stating that she and her husband had brought accountability to the fishing industry in Puerto Vallarta since they have been there. Well I say Ms Tonya Lynn Gabruk, you were not just dealing with some kids from America who new nothing, these are well educated, well informed young men who will tell everyone they can not to use your services. I on the other hand love PV have been there 3 times in the last year and have 2 more trips planned before the end of the year. I will tell everyone I come in contact with what a skam you are pulling maybe that will help keep you a little more accountable!!!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Re:Master Baiter's deep sea fishing don't believe them

Post by howard_jax » Tue Jul 03, 2001 4:12 pm

Unless the Wahoo is different then the US one, you were had. Wahoo is even better tasting the Dorado. I am sorry you had that problem. That is why I have stuck with the people I know all these years. I have always been happy with their efforts and they make no promises. Fish do not sign contracts and they have the last word..