Dining Activity Suggestions

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

The Little Mama
Dining Activity Suggestions

Post by The Little Mama » Fri Jul 27, 2001 4:50 am

I am taking a group to PV (between 100 and 150 people) in March 2002 and am looking for an evening Activity that includes a Dinner. Something fun with music and very unique to PV would fit the bill. My first thought was the Marigalente sunset cruise or The Rythym of the Night evening event. Can anyone tell me about either of these or recommend something else? Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Jennybean

Re:Dining Activity Suggestions

Post by Jennybean » Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:16 pm

I think either choice would be good, as both are unique to PV.

Maybe you might also want to consider "renting" a beachfront restaurant for the evening with music, and have a little party of your own.

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by bsimpson » Fri Jul 27, 2001 10:38 pm

Re: Rhythms of the Night. My wife's and my favourite! You leave the Vallarta Adventures dock about 6:30 PM on a 35 foot catamaran. Trip takes about 40 mins. out to Caletas. Since the sun sets about 7:00, you get a fantastic view of it as you proceed to Caletas, where it's dark when you arrive. You are welcomed ashore by someone in native garb blowing a conch shell. You trek up a short trail (lit by torches) to the eating areas (some are under large palapas, some tables out on the beach) for an excellent BBQ dinner (buffet-style) with plenty of wine and other drinks included. Following the meal you trek further up into the jungle area (not too far) and are shown to benches where a great pre-Hispanic show awaits. The music & lights are fabulous. When the show is finished, you return to the boat. They usually turn up the music and turn down the lights so that you can dance under the stars. It's a great, entertaining, romantic evening. Costs abt. $65 US per person and includes all drinks on the boat over & back as well as on Caletas. It's one of the few repeat tours for us.

With the size of crowd you mentioned, you may wish to contact them well ahead of time to avoid disappointment. I believe the boat only had about 25 or so when we went so either multiple boats may be needed or they may offer a deal on 1 very large boat. As I recall I don't think there were many more than abt. 80 people there (couple more boats came in a few minutes after we arrived); you may be able to set up a deal where your group has the entire place.Take a look at the info. in
http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/rhythms.html. You can make contact for reservations or have any other questions answered. You may get a great discount with that many people as well assuming they're all going.

As Jennybean suggested, if you look through the restaurant listings, etc. and ask for further advice on the BB, it may be great to choose a restaurant, contact them and have them arrange a "Mexican Night" for you with food, entertainment at a good price.

Haven't been on the Marigalante. Heard it is a good booze cruise if your crowd is into it.

The Little Mama

Post by The Little Mama » Sat Jul 28, 2001 1:25 am

Thanks Jellybean and Bob! The Rythym of the Night sounds like exactly what I am after! I will take your suggestion and see what they can arrange.

The Little Mama

Post by The Little Mama » Sat Jul 28, 2001 1:26 am

Sorry Jennybean - my fingers were typing what they wanted.

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by bsimpson » Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:27 am

Our pleasure! BTW where are you folks all planning on staying? We're planning a March trip as well.

The Little Mama

Post by The Little Mama » Sat Jul 28, 2001 5:06 am

Club Marival. It's a bit of a ways out apparently, but it seems to have everything we're looking for. I will go ahead of time to test first though.

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by bsimpson » Sat Jul 28, 2001 6:17 am

I believe you'll all love the Marival. Lots to do, great beach, several pools, etc. and fairly easy to hop on the bus and get to the City (25 minute ride for 10 pesos each way). We stayed there this April and will definitely return again. We plan on being there March 2002 as well, around the 26th (haven't firmed anything up as to specific dates yet) as it's my wife's birthday on the 26th AND we'll be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversay. I have a 12-page "review" of the Marival (started out at 6; have added sections on the City and the Tours we took). If interested, email me and I'll gladly send a copy.