horseback riding in the jungle

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jomax24
horseback riding in the jungle

Post by jomax24 » Sat Aug 11, 2001 2:54 pm

I am returning to PV Oct. 7. Had a blast last time, but, was wondering if all you repeat visitors, might be able to help me with my horse problem. I am from Alberta, where we breed all kinds of horses. The animals we call horses are all over 14 hands high. (one hand = four inches) I am comfortable on 14-15 inch horses, but, my above average height hubby needs a horse standing 16 hands or more. The horses we saw there average I'd say, somewhere between 11 and 13 hands high. We call these little guys, ponies. Do any of you long-timers know of any ranches around PV that are breeding full size horses for ranch and trail ride use?
Also, who do you get ahold of to go on the Tequila plantation tour? Speaking of Tequila, how come it's $10.00 a bottle there, and $50.00 CDN up here? We were told before we left the first time that, 2 natural disasters had happened to the 3 major tequila distillers. One plantation had gotten "bugs" in the Agave plants and the other 2 got snowed on and froze the Agave plants. I was told while in Mexico that there's no shortage in Mexico and none of these things even happened. I'm trying to figure out if it's the Mexican exporters or the Canadian importers who've come up with this "hoax", but I am forced to buy all my Tequila there and bring it home with me. LOL Good Excuse

vtorres
PV God
PV God

Re:horseback riding in the jungle

Post by vtorres » Mon Aug 13, 2001 7:00 pm

jomax24

Post by jomax24 » Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:55 am

thanks vtorres! That's exactly what I had in mind. Now to try and make up my mind as to which tour to take...LOL

JRinPV

Post by JRinPV » Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:05 pm

For horsy questions go to http://sierramex.8m.com/horses/index.html and ask Teresa.
Re: Tequila, Vallarta Adventure has a day trip to Tequila and Guadalajara by small plane. "Snow on an Agave plantation" you got to be kidding! All the excuses you heard are false. What happened is that the campaign to promote Tequila exports succeeded very well, but the producers didn't bother to be ready for it with extra plantings (it takes 10 years for an Agave to reach maturity). So, high demand and low supply = high cost.