Las Caletas Day Tour (Carnival)

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

JanTrav
Las Caletas Day Tour (Carnival)

Post by JanTrav » Sun Aug 12, 2001 3:46 am

We recently got back from our Carnival Cruise on the Elation, while in PV we went on the Las Caletas Day Tour - It was the highlight of our cruise!! The crew on boat #1 was fantastic - they were so entertaining! We purchased the video at the end of the tour ($30.00) it was worth every cent! The filming was very professional, I watch it and relive the day many times over! There is a spa on the Island, if you want a massage, go first thing and sign up, we waited untill after lucnh and they were booked up. See if you can sign up before the tour even! Very reasonable prices on the massages, I'm really sorry I missed it! Cost for tour was $70.00 each lunch and all drinks included - Well worth the price. Don't forget a tip for the guys on the boat when you go back, they really earn it.

bob

Re:Las Caletas Day Tour (Carnival)

Post by bob » Sun Aug 12, 2001 6:44 pm

What Island??

pt

Re:Las Caletas Day Tour (Carnival)/Island

Post by pt » Sun Aug 12, 2001 7:01 pm

Hi...always a bit confusing on this....Caletas (nor Quimixto, Las Animas, Yelapa) are not islands but villages in the southern part of the bay only accessible by boat (day cruise/water taxi) - so I guess it feels like an island! The only islands are the Marieta Islands to the north - good snorkeling and kayaking but you can't get on the islands. It's a bird sanctuary.

JanTrav

Re:Las Caletas Day Tour (Carnival)

Post by JanTrav » Mon Aug 13, 2001 4:33 pm

Your right, it is not an Island, but it SURE FEELS LIKE IT when your there, to me at least :)