which tour to do?

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

bindergirl
which tour to do?

Post by bindergirl » Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:45 am

I am planning to go snorkelling at Marietas Island on our trip in January. I have found three tours that go to this area and seem to allow at least a half day for snorkelling and kayaking. They are Ecotours, Vallarta Advenutre Tours and Princesa. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of any of these? They are all priced about the same and all seem to offer a similar experience, but I am wondering if one company might be preferable. I have only snorkelled once so am not eperienced in this area. Your expert opinions would be welcome.

Jennybean

Re:which tour to do?

Post by Jennybean » Wed Nov 14, 2001 3:56 am

The only snorkel tour I have ever done to the Marietas was the Marigalante, so can't help you with the other boats....sorry. It was a good cruise though, and totally worth the money. Food, drinks, snorkeling, glass bottom boat, banana boat rides, secluded beach, volleyball, kayaks, and just swimming - all included...just pick your activity. Just leave a deposit for the snorkel equipment on the boat (it was 50 pesos, may be more now, but you get it back), and tip your crew at the end of the cruise. It was only my second time snorkeling, and it was fine. You'll be OK.

pt

Re:which tour to do?

Post by pt » Wed Nov 14, 2001 12:17 pm

Definitely do the Geronimo to the Marietas. Best of all!