City tours

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

deollafan
PV Fan
PV Fan
City tours

Post by deollafan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:12 am

Will be visiting Vallarta this summer with three people who have never been. They really want to do a city tour. I'm okay with that, but I was wondering if anyone knew which one was the "best." I know best is relative, but I guess I mean whichever one has the best information and the least amount of shopping at places with kickbacks.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

An option?

Post by webmaster » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:47 am

These guys look cool, I'd love to visit the House of the Tower... https://www.facebook.com/PowerWalkTheHi ... toVallarta

Greetings

M.

deollafan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by deollafan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:54 pm

I knew the owner of La Casa de la Torre back in the 90s. I would often go to their house in the evenings for some board games or a dip in the pool. It was a great house. Someone else bought it around 2000 or so and turned it into a B and B for awhile, but they made a few wrongheaded architectural decisions, and while the house is still beautiful, it lost some of its interior charm in a couple of the rooms.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh...

Post by webmaster » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Considering I've only gawked at it from outside, I'd never notice... Hopefully will be able to visit it some day, will contact these power walk guys when in town :-)

Greetings

M.