on vacation with my 63 yo mother

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tiojavi
on vacation with my 63 yo mother

Post by tiojavi » Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:37 pm

I will be in PV 6/23/2002 - 6/27/2002 with a friend and my 63 year old mother. Can any one give some advise on what to do while there. I am 32 and my friend is 37. I have been to PV 7 years ago but I do not want to have my mom (hike,snorkle etc) I have already done that. Is there anything I missed that I can include my mom and friend. Any information will be helpful........

bwana
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:on vacation with my 63 yo mother

Post by bwana » Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:34 pm

I've told others this, but I would certainly take your mother and friend to Yelapa. There is a tour boat that costs about $30 or 35 dollars U.S., but you can also go by water taxi for less money. I believe the last boat leaves Yelapa at about 4:30 p.m., so you want to make sure you catch it back to P.V. Once you get to Yelapa you can lounge on the beach, swim in the very warm water, take a walk or ride a horse to the waterfall, shop in the little shops, eat in some of the palapa restaurants, etc.
If you go be sure to buy some pie from the pie lady that wanders the beach. These pies are cooked in an earthen oven after being heated with a wood fire. I can almost guarantee it will be the best pie you have ever eaten.
I hope you all enjoy your visit.

sandra
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:on vacation with my 63 yo mother

Post by sandra » Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:07 am

There a lot of nice boat trips you can have with your mom. Yelapa is pretty, but you should consider going also to Punta de Mita, about an hour from PV, Las Animas and Nuevo Vallarta. Great handcrafts there. Don´t forget to visit old town and have a piña colada¡¡¡ Enjoy¡¡¡