Whale watching

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

kmasp430
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Whale watching

Post by kmasp430 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:45 pm

Headed to Puerto Vallarta next month, the only thing on our must do list is Whale Watching, Any suggestions on a good compnay to go with ? We've been doing a little research and found this company, Vallarta Adventures, anyone have any feedback on them? Are any other ideas would be great, Thanks!

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Whale watching

Post by leighg » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:31 pm

I'm sure someone can give you a better reply relating directly to Whale Watching, but I will say that we really liked Vallarta Adventures. We took the trip to Las Caletas with them and my husband took a scuba trip with them to Marietas.

Leigh

gegluck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by gegluck » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:37 pm

I posed this question earlier this year. See the posts from September 6 under this subject. We may try this when we are there 12/11 through 12/19. Will post if we do.

Gary

ellenl
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ellenl » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:55 am

Hi Highway Guy,
I was just down last month and stayed in Bucerias. We did two excursions with Vallarta Adventures and I thought they were a top notch company. I made reservations online and had no problems with that at all. We did the Dolphin Swim--a great experience but a bit pricey for what it was. We also took a jeep safari into the Sierra Madre Mtns. That was a fabulous all day trip. For my first time down to the PV region it was great. The guides are not only funny and entertaining but they are very knowledgeable about local history, culture, flora, and fauna. I've heard from others who frequent the area, that it isn't worth it. But to each his own. I also heard great things about the canopy tour if your so inclined. Anyway, we would recommend them to anyone. So, I hope you enjoy your trip!!!

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:03 am

Highway Guy, look on www.discoverpacifictours.com for a great whale-watching adventure.

Saw

Post by Saw » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:08 am

highway guy (Dec 02, 2004 04:45 p.m.):

VALLARTA ADVENTURES IS A GREAT OUTFIT. dON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED IF THE WHALES JUST DON'T COME AROUND?WE WERE VERY FORTUNATE IN MID JANUARY 2002 WHEN WE CAME UPON A VERY FRIENDLY MOM, DAD AND BABY. THEY JUST LOVED THEIR PICTURES TAKEN. AROUND 5;00 THAT EVENING THEY CAME INTO BANDERAS BAY TO SAY HI TO EVERYONE. THEY ALMOST LOOKED TRAINED. GOOD LUCK AND BRING LOTS OF FILM.