Las Caletas

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

deefavcuz
PV Fan
PV Fan
Las Caletas

Post by deefavcuz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:27 pm

Hello,

Has anyone here taken the Las Caletas by Day trip? I was wondering how the beaches were....especially the snorkelling...is the water clear? Also does it get very crowded?

Thanks in advance :o)

Dee

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Las Caletas

Post by teduardo » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:33 pm

We did Las Caletas in October, and I think it is one of the best excursions in PV, Vallarta Adventures really knows what they are doing.

Water clarity in the bay varies by weather and currents, do not expect it to be like the Caribbean, but we go snorkeling every trip to PV and enjoy it.

How crowded it gets depends on the time of year, and how many cruise ships are in port. We made sure to book on a day with no cruise ships, and it was not crowded at all. BTW, Vallarta Adventures has exclusive rights to that property, so there are not multiple tour companies filling the place up like can happen in Yelapa.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:18 am

I was on the same boat as Teduardo. As I've said before, I think this trip is worth every penny.

"Jon"

Las Caletas by Day

Post by "Jon" » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:35 pm

I hope that I can share with you our observations this way:

Puerto Vallarta - Las Caletas
http://community.webshots.com/album/266618577GJxVCJ

We took that day trip on Friday, January 7, 2005.
The weather was perfect, sunny, plus 30C and awesome scenery...
I hope that you will enjoy it too!

Regards,
"Jon" / Rafal

nicKitty

Post by nicKitty » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Thank you so much for sharing those pics! Las Caletas is definitely on my list!

reggaelovemusic
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by reggaelovemusic » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:16 pm

i dont know if your gone yet but we just came back from pv on the 19 and we were in las caletats on the 17. very beautiful worth every penny, my first time doing snorkling we saw thousands of awsome colored fish,, very clear water. good food and good drinks are also all inclusive with your price , also stoped to see the whales and dolpins in the ocean on the way to the catelats.

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:10 pm

Caletas is so great!! We got so drunk on the wonderful Margaritas!! LOL (Not obnoxious drunk, but man those trails are tricky after three or four!) It was my first time snorkeling too, nice calm water, plenty of stuff to see. I would take this trip again in a heartbeat. And man, you can't beat whale watching as a bonus!! :) How cool.

Leigh