Las Caletas beach with Vallarta Adventures

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

agaaagaa
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Las Caletas beach with Vallarta Adventures

Post by agaaagaa » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:20 am

I was wondering if anyone had taken the Las Caleratas tour through Vallarta Adventures? If so how was it, worth the money, how
long are you there and how is snorkeling and kayaking? Also has anyone done the sea lion thing there? Thanks so much for any help.

joc
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:Las Caletas beach with Vallarta Adventures

Post by joc » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:20 am

I have been on Las Caletas a few years ago, I don't remember how much it cost. We really enjoyed the trip. The beach is beautiful. The only problem we had was that the jelly fish were so incredibly bad that day that no one could really swim in the water, so we were unable to go snorkeling, although we did get to go kayaking so that was nice. But you couldn't even walk in the water without gettng stung.....but no one has any control over that! I would still recommend it though....it was a very relaxing day trip.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:15 pm

Did this tour October 2004. I thought it was well worth the money.

Snorkeling was very good, didn't kayak - chose to relax instead and just enjoy the surroundings and the sun. The sea lion "thing" (while a little cheesy and not really my cup of tea) is part of the snorkeling...they just bring him in the water with you when you're done.

All in all, an excellent tour for the money. Las Caletas is beautiful.

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:04 pm

We took this tour last August and loved it! On the boat ride over we got coffee and muffins and fruit and the guys from VA really like to entertain. Not to mention a great view of the city and mountains! Caletas is gorgeous! It was pretty hot when we were there so we didn't "hike" much, but just sitting on the beach drinking free (included) margaritas was plenty for us. I snorkeled for the first time there, didn't do the sea lion "thing". After snorkeling, drinking, eating (a wonderful buffet lunch!) wandering a bit, we grabbed a spot in the shade (again, it was HOT) and read our books!! LOL I would do this tour again, although I also want to do a daytrip to Yelapa sometime.

Well worth the money in my opinion!

Leigh