Quimixto Tour

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

minrose
PV Fan
PV Fan
Quimixto Tour

Post by minrose » Sat Jan 19, 2002 1:20 am

We tried taking the Yelapa tour but not enough people signed up for that so we ended up going on the tour that takes you to Los Arcos, Las Animas beach and then to Quimixto, where you can either hike or ride a horse up to a waterfall.
First the bay was pretty choppy when we stopped at Los Arcos so the snorkeling was not very good, hubby and I did not even try. Then at Las Animas, you got to spend an hour there on the beach, it was a nice beach. You waste most of your time though, waiting to get on a smaller boat to take you to the beach and getting back on the tour boat.
Then the horseride up to the waterfall in Quimixto was quite the experience. I did not realize it would be scarey. This horseride should really be done by people that know more about how to ride a horse. I have only ridden a horse once before in my life and that was 30 years ago. The path to the waterfall was steep, narrow, dusty and sometimes the horse had to go up steps. I was worried the horse would trip and we would fall, but of course we did not. My horse also a mind of its own, when all the other horses were going up the path, mine went downstream with me on it. He was thirsty, you see. LOL

Finally managed to get to the waterfall, it was pretty.

Then it was time to ride down again. Luckily a fellow led my horse all the way down so it was not as bad.

I just think people should know that if you want to do the horseride to the waterfall, you probablly should be a more experienced horse rider than I was.