canopy tour

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mikeneubauer
PV Fan
PV Fan
canopy tour

Post by mikeneubauer » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:05 pm

Hi
was wondering the location of Los Veranos Canopy tour and where to book this.Would any resort have access to the booking?Staying at the Villas Vallarta.

Thanks Mike

lestat2000
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: canopy tour

Post by lestat2000 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:00 pm

mikeneubauer wrote:Hi
was wondering the location of Los Veranos Canopy tour and where to book this.Would any resort have access to the booking?Staying at the Villas Vallarta.

Thanks Mike
Mike.......check out all the other "CANOPY Tour" topics in this forum and you will find a wealth of information. It doesn't take long to just scroll down and find that info. The moderator of this forum has posted all the pertent info time and time again including maps of the 3 pickup sites.

cheers
Doug

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:09 am

Los Veranos is south of town near Mismaloya. It picks up as far north as Nuevo Vallarta, though.

Yes, most resorts (not all) will be able to book you on the tour. However, you'll find better prices online, and as it is very popular if you wait it might be tough to find an opening, especially with Hurricane Wilma this year.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Canopy

Post by webmaster » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:42 pm

You can find lots of info on this topic:
viewtopic.php?t=2306

And you can find excellent rates for the tours right here on PuertoVallarta.net - if you like this site, support it:
http://tours.puertovallarta.net

An article that's interesting: http://www.mcall.com/travel/all-canopyl ... onoped-col

Greetings

Mogens

RonaldF
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by RonaldF » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:02 pm

My wife and I just returned from an 8 day cruise to Mexico. After reading the many postings about all the canopy tours in PV, I booked us on the internet with the Los Veranos Canopy Tour. I am the adventurous one in the family. My wife is afraid of heights. I did manage to get her on the Viper at Magic Mountain once. As we ascended the first grade she turned whiter and whiter! She will not go near the edge of a scenic overlook if there is much of a drop off. Needless to say, she was not happy about the canopy tour. After a lot of talking, she agreed to try the first couple of lines. The first line is more for training and photo op. Needless to say, she finished all the lines. Her comment on the way back to the ship was, “We need to come back and do that again,”!!!
I was very impressed with the whole tour. Most of the take off and landing platforms are really at ground level, but you are zipping through the forest canopy or above it! The tour allows you to carry a camera so I got a lot of great pictures of my wife having a ball zipping through the canopy. They ask you not to take pictures while zipping for safety reasons. This was no problem since they have their own video man that video tapes all the scenery on each zip line segment along with all the participants of your tour. He doesn’t follow the rules! He hangs upside down and doesn’t hang onto the pulley unit!
I know some people on this forum were concern about safety helmets not being used – they are not needed. My wife and I felt completely safe during the entire tour. At the end of the tour we were provided with a free soft drink. The video was completed in about a half hour. We did not take advantage of the on site restaurant, so I can’t comment on it. We had our bathing suits with us, but didn’t use them. It was an overcast day and a bit cool. The river was inviting though. The tour was an the highlight of or trip.
8)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Canopy Cool Down

Post by smitty » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:40 pm

From Ronaldf 's Canopy post : " We had our bathing suits with us , but didn't use them . " :shock: Nothing like a skinny dip after a vigorous canopy tour . That video may prove to be more fun than you thought . :)
Just kidding around , very good report. :)

RonaldF
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Canopy tour

Post by RonaldF » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:53 am

I guess I should have said,"We had our bathing suits with us, but didn’t go swimming." :!: My 60 year old body is not very photogenic :shock:

lowboy

Post by lowboy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:31 pm

the canopy near mimaloya is right there with el eden( awsome food)

Johann&Sandra
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: canopy tour

Post by Johann&Sandra » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:30 pm

mikeneubauer wrote:Hi

Thanks Mike
The Los Veranos tour is located near Mismaloya south of Puerto Vallarta. There are three meeting points where you catch a shuttle to get out there - one in Nuevo Vallarta, one at the PEMEX station on the south side of town, and one in Mismaloya.

You can book this tour with most resorts, with the tour website, or with almost any third party booking agencies on the web. By booking the tour online in advance, you'll normally pay 10% less than you will pay in Puerto Vallarta. Another thing to think about is that this is an extremely popular activity and the tours are packed. Make sure to reserve in advance so you get a spot.