any ideas

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
any ideas

Post by michelle/tyler » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:20 pm

tyler and I re looking at 2 weeks end of jan. or start of feb. We did alot of the touristy tour trips and are looking this time for more exploring on our own. It doesnt matter that we would have to walk places. Any suggestions.Also is there anyting in pv that is a must do.They say when in mexico you have to experience a bull fight we did that so is there anything else that is a must. thanks

forgot to say we will either be staying downtown again or romantic zone

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:37 pm

i suggest doing the hike from boca to las animas....there is a fantastic beach just before las animas proper....the sea shells are amazing!!

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

You should check the Off the Beaten Path

Post by webmaster » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:41 am

viewforum.php?f=31

Quite a number of ideas here.

Greetings

Mogens

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:45 am

thanks delectdee great idea we love looking for shells we did that at the piedra blanca beach.

thanks mogens I have read most of those so I was just checking to see what else was out there. The turtles interest me but it sounds like thats only around oct nov and we are going in jan or feb.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:26 pm

hey giggles and tyler, i think one of the places of historical value is the trip up to San Sabastian. i realize you were asking for walking trips, but you get to walk around this area, you get to fly up there into the mountains... but is so beautiful up there... just a thought... it can be a little spendy, but isn't most things of historical value...

have a great day...

8) Tom aka Mr. Crown.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:52 pm

We took the driving trip up to San Sabastian. The scenery and views are fabulous, just takes a while to get there.

Joyce

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:25 pm

thanks mr crown and joyce I just read up on this ttrip and it sounds very interesting so does the one to guadalajara. If we did one of these that would be the only tour we would do are these just day trips or are they overnighters. I thought I read one that was a overnighter. also has anyone done a fiesta night is that a must do.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:47 pm

San Sabastian is a day trip... Guadalajara i believe is an overnighter...

now the Krystal has a pretty good fiesta next door to us. we can stand some of the balconies, or get up to some of the higher floors and watch the activity. we have been to this one and it is good. good food, good drink and excellent entertainment

8) Tom aka mr crown

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:23 pm

thanks mr. crown and thanks for the tip on the krystal.

Johann&Sandra
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: any ideas

Post by Johann&Sandra » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:30 pm

michelle/tyler wrote:tyler and I re looking at 2 weeks end of jan. or start of feb. We did alot of the touristy tour trips and are looking this time for more exploring on our own. It doesnt matter that we would have to walk places. Any suggestions.Also is there anyting in pv that is a must do.They say when in mexico you have to experience a bull fight we did that so is there anything else that is a must. thanks

forgot to say we will either be staying downtown again or romantic zone
I would say taking a Canopy Tour, Whale Watching (in season), or taking the Tequila Six Pack tour, Huichol Indians Tour, or another cultural-type tour would be something unique in the Vallarta area. The day cruises are fun, for sure, but everywhere has beaches, snorkeling, etc.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:15 pm

quote:
We did alot of the touristy tour trips and are looking this time for more exploring on our own.

If you want to do some exploring on "your own" I would rent a car for a couple of days and go North one day and South the next. North has alot of different little towns/beaches must less touristy than PV or Nuevo. Rincon de Guyabitos is a fun trip. Go South to El Tuito, and just about a mile or so past the El Tuito exit is Rancho Altamira. It is a great place to spend a few hours relaxing. The resturant has excellent food, the horseback riding is great, the horses are beautiful and are not your typical "riding stable" horses. They have a lake if you want to so some fresh water fishing, or they just let you walk around the ranch which is actually in the mountains instead of being at sea level. It is also about 10 degrees cooler than PV is so if it is really hot in PV it is a good place to cool a little.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:28 pm

thanks johann and sandra we did some of those this year and your right there alot of fun

kat thanks for the ideas ive researched rincon de guyabitos for my parents so that sounds like a nice place. Ithink tyler would love to go out and fish Im not much of a fisherwomen but I would go just to relax and tan. thanks again.

Johann&Sandra
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Johann&Sandra » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:54 pm

RE: Your question about fiesta nights

A Mexican Fiesta is something that everyone should do once just to see the different costumes, traditions, etc. - the one at the Iguana is superior to the one at the Hotel Krystal, IMHO. Most of the expensive resorts also have their own fiesta night. If you've been to a Mexican Fiesta before, there's no reason to do another one.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:03 pm

Johann&Sandra wrote:RE: Your question about fiesta nights

A Mexican Fiesta is something that everyone should do once just to see the different costumes, traditions, etc. - the one at the Iguana is superior to the one at the Hotel Krystal, IMHO. Most of the expensive resorts also have their own fiesta night. If you've been to a Mexican Fiesta before, there's no reason to do another one.

no we havent done a fiesta yet so thats a great idea and now its just to decide which one to do. I have to gets lots for tyler to do because I have an alternative motive, I want him to take me to andales hehehehe.

if this last part doesnt make sense chalk it up to giggles trying to use big words.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:14 pm

thanks for the coupon mogens can you book online here to get tickets for it our is it something you need to book while your down there. We wont be booking till we have exact dates though.

ohhhhh yeahhhhh guru no living with me now (poor tyler)

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:03 am

thanks mogens I shall do this as our time comes closer for a fiesta night.