Mayan Palace

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

RJ
Mayan Palace

Post by RJ » Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:44 am

We are planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta and are thinking about staying
at the Mayan Palace. I would like to hear comments both good and bad
from one who has stayed at this resort.

Thanks
RJ

nmathis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Mayan Palace

Post by nmathis » Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:12 pm

Which one are you staying at? The one at the Marina or the one in Nuevo?

RJ

Post by RJ » Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:30 am

We are planning on staying at the Marina. We haven't actually made the
reservations yet. We were told the one at Neuvo was a little further out
of the way. That is why I am doing the research now. Thanks in advance
for any help you may be.

Thanks
RJ

krisblack
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by krisblack » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:23 pm

It is nice, the location is good, but there are other places I like better. I was much more impressed with the Sheraton, Velas, Marriott and Westin. We had a 2 br unit there back in Jan. 01, and found it to be clean and rather peaceful, but unispired. They charged to use the in room safe, charged extra if you wanted a microwave...etc. I have been to plenty of other places that don't nickel and dime you like that.

Overall the pools were fine, not huge. There is a nice area in the pool for the kids to play, and a separate adult only pool. The place just seemed a little cramped I suppose. There are rooms across the street, so part of the hotel is on the beach side, and part is on the marina side.

The Nuevo location is way farther out and I suppose it just depends on what you are looking for. The beach at Nuevo is beautiful, the pool is huge and the grounds were lovely. But, the food/drinks at the pool cost more than at the Marina location. Being in Nuevo makes you feel a bit more removed from the "Puerto Vallarta experience" for lack of a better way to put it. I love being closer to town, being able to hop the bus and be in town in less than 10 minutes is my goal. If you want to be out of the way, and go to town occasionally, then Nuevo is ok.

Big decisions to be made.....Good Luck!

SunGal

Post by SunGal » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:12 pm

Hi,
I just returned home at 5:00am today from 8 days at the Mayan Marina. I will be posting in the trip reports in the next few days, or email me for more info.

davec

Post by davec » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:09 pm

i have stayed at the marina location twice and visited the nuevo location twice.the only thing i have to add is that i have never had to pay to use the microwave in the room and do not feel like i was nickeled and dimed. it is a very nice conservative location . i have also never seen it crowded as one person responded.over all very convenient and nice location. by the way, i have been going to P.V. for 10 years.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:38 am

I was at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo in August. It is a beautiful resort. The rooms were great. We were not charged for a microwave or the room safe. The only extra thing we were charged for was the telephone. The beach there is long and beautiful. The grounds are lovely with lots of flowers and tropical vegetation. They have lakes with kayaks and a train that goes around the grounds. They also have a golf course. When we were there they were collecting turtle eggs and transferring them to a safer location while waiting to hatch. The security guards there were very protective of them. The food is good but not as good as in town and more expensive. When we are there in the winter I enjoy eating dinner at the beach side pool under the palapa. The pool is hugh with plenty of lounge chairs. The staff is great. They were not as pushy about the time share tours as last time. Just remember if you decide to take them up it will take about 4 hours, not 90 min. But they give you 15% off food, beverages, ect. It costs 130 pesos to take a taxi to town or you can take the bus. You must go into town if you stay there though, too much to miss. One good thing, you are closer to places like Bucerias and the north beaches. There are some decent restaurants in the Paradise Mall in Nuevo, but PV is the best for restaurants and shopping. The Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta is also nice but the beach is much smaller. Wherever you go you will have a wonderful time. Enjoy!!