Since we are talking about Crown Paradise

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

dar
Since we are talking about Crown Paradise

Post by dar » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:10 pm

I am hoping to spend Christmas at the Crown...first time visit..and was wondering what the beach was like. Is the water clean enough to swim in? Are windsurfers and kayaks readily available (everywhere else I stayed at they seemed to be broken!). Also, I like a healthy breaky..is fruit and yogurt avail or do I have to go to the buffet next door (I've heard Crown people have open priviledges at the property adjoining it). Thanks for your expert help!!

mhahn

Re:Since we are talking about Crown Paradise

Post by mhahn » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:46 am

I swim each time in the water in front of the CP (5 times now) kayaks are available on the beach, I have not seen any wind surfing. Also there are vendors for wave runners, parasaiing and the bananna boat steps away from the lounge chairs and palapas in front of the resort. You can find a healthy breakfast either at the beach bar in the morning (continental type with fruits, cereals and I do believe yogurt) or at the restaurant. There are some healthy drinks on the breakffast menu also, blended fruits and vegetables. You will be enjoy the resort, believe me, it is great!

dar

Post by dar » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:59 am

Thanks for the reply ... I have to travel at high season because I am a teacher, and after a week of being punched by a Grade 6 student and having no heat in the school (we've had record cold temps here in Vancouver, it was minus 3 degrees celcius this morning!!..great timing for the school to have heat problems for the past week) I am ready for some R & R at a good resort!!! I've seen windsurfers in the pics of the Crown..maybe someone else knows if they are available? It is my boyfriends 50th birthday and he would love to windsurf on his holidays.

robby1

Post by robby1 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:06 am

Yup

They do have windsurfing lessons and boards are available right on the beach.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:18 pm

dar, I can sypathize with you about the teaching school thing. When I am not working my double shifts at the hospital lab on weekends, I substitute at our Jr. and Sr. High schools in our little town. I am planiing a vistit to PV right after the new year. You will definately love the CP because during the entire stay while on the resort prop. you will not run into any one under 18 y/o. The CP has great windsurfing equip, and will give leasons everyday around 10am +/- 30min. Be sure to get to know the staff from the bell boys to the entertainment crew, they are all excellent. Almost all have been working there since we started staying there in 1999. Have a great time.
Chuck & Kay (St.Louis)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:25 pm

I have to concur with my distinguished CP family member Chuck from St. Louis... Granted we have never met but we have the same love for our second home... We will be visiting for our 7th time in February 2004 for two full weeks again... you will find different posts from my wife and i thru out the bulletin board....

There are lots of good equipment there, just talk to anybody at the activities stand for windsurfing equipment or kayaks.... if you want to learn how to use a catamaran you can talk to my friend Fernando down there... he sells time on his boat... there are also two wave runners out front owned by the Santana Boys... good equipment ... NEGOTIATE with them ... and you shouldn't have a problem there if you want to take them out for a spin...

Lorrie and i hit the beach bar in the mornings for fruit, yogurt, waffles, etc.. .before we take off on our walks... we can walk from Crown Paradise to Cheeseburgers in Paradise down town in about 55 minutes..... putting on a good stride as well as dodging the pedestrians... but we usually try to walk 45 minutes out and 45 back... then take to the pool... then walk along the beach etc... but we don't stop there.. we dine, we drink, we party and we hang out with the rest of the CP Family.... there are a lot of us that come back the same time each and every year... so it is like old home week....

Hope you have a good and relaxing time.....

PS... Hey Chuck... found out that Ana has been checking the bulletin board lately to see what we have been saying about her and our second home... LOL should be some serious kick backs coming our directions soon... HA....

BILL1

Post by BILL1 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:51 am

Have to agrEe with Chuck and MRS CP Crown Paradise is the best loction, view ,beach food staff you name it , be there for 4th visit in Feb and cant wait , I still say the pool is only 4 ft so the drunks wont drown and MR AND MRS CP your right people do drink too much on the first day ...but that will never change, myself I prefer to pace myself...

B

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by luvthis » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:20 pm

Okay...okay! Bob & I haven't done the wave runners, kayaks, wind surfers, etc., but if you want our opinion about the food & service, THAT we can promote non-stop. We've been at the Crown Paradise five times (once a year, 'cause we're "poor folks"). The staff will show you how to use the wind surfers, and how to snorkle, etc. As a matter of fact, us lazy guys enjoy watching you crazy guys learn the skills. We just sit back around the pool with our tropical drinks, and snacky snacks & do nothing. Guess that's what "different strokes for different folks" is all about. We really enjoy not having children around the pool. The value that this resort offers is exceptional. The rooms are comfortable and pleasing to the eye. All rooms have a view of the ocean and the 24 hour room service can't be beat. Gee...is it September or October 2004 yet? That's when we hope to return. Enjoy your trip. You won't be disappointed. --Bob & Jean in Racine, WI

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:07 pm

Hey Gang....

Well we do all the crazy things, we do all the laid back things, etc... but then when we are there for 14 days you have it all ... especially that second week when the "newbies" come in all WHITE and you have been there for a week already all bronzed and tanned... and partying like there is no tomorrow... especially when 430 arrives and we play tequila volleyball... YES YES party on .... but then Lorrie and I are always up on the pool side at 400 for the Follow the Leader sun dance... we have a BLAST... it is great time to be had by all....

Last February i got into a pool discussion with a lady that thought the rooms needed better linens because she was staying at a 5* hotel and she should have these special linens on her bed... i thought lady... OMG... you are in paradise Lady... I asked her how much time she spent in her "bed".... because she must love it up in her room more than down around the pool or beach... but being the "kind" soul that i am.... i went out and found Nacho and Ana, and introduced them to this woman and let them handle the "complaint"... oh well.... again different strokes for different folkes... that is all i can say....

well as i look at the calendar 73 days to go (today is 12-3) And then we will HOME ... ha ha

To Bill - when in february are you going to be there.... we will have to rack up a game of pool, have some cocktails ....

love hugs and kisses

Tom and Lorrie
Grundy Center Iowa

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:12 pm

My twice a year stay at the CP is not because I am rich, it is because the package we get from STL through Funjet is the biggest bang for my buck I can find. I run a small hospital lab for 32 hours every weekend, that is my real job, then through the week I substitute at the high school. That sub job is what sends us to the CP x2/yr. I figure if I work like that I deserve to spend a couple of weeks in just about the most fantastic place I've every found.
I remember the first time we stayed there, and first experience with an AI. Walked in and the place was gorgeous, the staff immediately helpful and friendly. Sat our on the beach and within 15 min a waitress asked us if we were OK. I said yes...DUH! not thinking she was really asking if we needed a drink. Well that was the last time I made that mistake. Moved up to the pool and got hammered on margueritas all afternoon. I didn't get obnoxious, but poor Kay had to go to dinner with people we met at the pool that afternoon because I slept from 6-6. Thank God, no hangover. I also learned to drink 2 litres of H20 every day to keep hydrated and lessen the effects of all those tasty drinks served at the pool. Yes lots of guests get crazy the first day, that is always funny to watch. LUV the tequela volleyball every afternoon, it's like the only sport I can play. Can't wait to see all of the wonderful staff members again, and that includes everyone, bellboys, waiters, bartenders included, would love to list names, but I would feel bad if I left someone out. 51 days to go!!!
Hasta luego

robo

Post by robo » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:41 pm

Have to say my favorite part of the day is the sunshine dance at 4 pm when all the newbies that are deunk fall into the hedge by the pool ....even the vendors line up to watch that one .........

big guy

Post by big guy » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:27 am

Is'nt there something else to talk about besides the c.p..Come on lets get a life and get over c.p.

BILL1

Post by BILL1 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:59 am

YO BIG GUY

If you dont like the post subject start a new one instead of trying to tell those of us that like the CP that youve had enough ,just dont look at the post ,or start your own instead of being so critical . "Get a life" weve got one we like the CP if you dont ,whats your interest ?or are you just a S--T disturber!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:34 pm

I knew it was about to happen that someone would bitch about all of us CP loyalists. I had not posted anything about the CP for over 2 months until I decided I need to get back there. If perhaps someone really takes offence at all the CP postings, put a post on the complaint board and see where that goes.

Bill1

Post by Bill1 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:19 pm

Right on Chuck , so we like the Crown Paradise and like to share our expiriences with others so what, if its not for you then dont look at the post .Personally we have stayed at the Crown 4 times and love it , goin back in Feb and cant wait as for people who would rather not talk about the Crown get a life start another post on something you want to talk about .....

Mr. and Mrs. Crown Paradi

Post by Mr. and Mrs. Crown Paradi » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:46 pm

Bravo to all us loyal CP guests....

i guess our "critic" doesn't have a second home that he likes to brag about... I agree with you Chuck... we have kept a low profile as well... but now that we are just over 10 weeks away from heading back down there... we are back and seeing what people have seen or heard since our last trip down there.... granted not much changes, but you know that in a years time there are so many new bars, resturants, side trips that spring up that it is nice to just go downtown and see what is happening....

Well i would rather talk about and brag about CP any day of the week... yes there are other resorts... there are all the new spots out in Nuevo Vallarta as well... And yes we used to stay out there too Radisson Pariso (Now the Alegro or Diamond Resorts), Hotel Sierra, but now that we are closer to downtown why would i want to switch... close t the marina area for the little cruises... 45 - 60 minute walk to downtown or 5 minute by taxi.... Lorrie and I love to walk downtown and taxi back or we taxi down and walk back....

Oh well... if we all loved vanilla ice cream we sure would be a BORING bunch.... but to Mr. Critic..... pthtttttttttttttttttttttttttttt Get a life....

CP lives in the hearts of all good people.....

dar

Post by dar » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:12 pm

Since I started this post....I have to put my 2 cents in....I really appreciate the CP lovers replies to my question. Their input helped my alot in my decision. We decided to stay elsewhere in Neuvo (at the Solare) and are saving the CP trip for another time. The responses to my post helped me so much as I was looking for a quiet, relaxed get away this trip, with a great beach being the # 1 priority...this is not a party trip. I wanted a place that didn't have the "pool" drinking party stuff, and didn't want to be the hotel next door which plays loud music alot. I think I'd like to go to the CP when I'm with the girlfriends...not the boyfriend. Also, the Solare was much cheaper than the CP ($400 Cdn each less!). So thank you all for your input. I am looking forward to visiting the CP on my trip and checking it out...so I know what room to request next time!! Dar.

Big Guy

Post by Big Guy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:08 am

Good Day:
For your info I have been going to P.V. for 18 yrs. Believe me there is more to life than the C.P..Go downtown and enjoy some culture.I've been to many resorts and you don't see the real Mexico when you hang out at the pool.

BILL1

Post by BILL1 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:11 am

OOOOOOHHHHHHH!

Im so glad that you wrote in and saved all of us poor dumb Crown Paradisers from a lifetime of mistakes !!!!!!1

What makes you assume we stay at the pool all day?
Pretty arogant of you and your 18 years to try and save us poor dumb tourists from our hotel.
Look pal we like the Crown Paradise , you dont or preferr your own holiday , good for you
we go to the Crown because of the staff , the resort the food , we dont just lock ourselves in ,I enjoy old town and all of Puerto vallarta so as I have said here previously

"Opinions are like rectums ...everybodys got one"

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:39 pm

We always make several trips downtown, some I even walk <60min each way. Really bad doing that in the summer, but this Jan it will be fine. ***** resort, close to town, good food, undiluted premium drinks, exceptional cleanliness, and fantastic staff, this means a home for us with the ability to explore easily the reat of PV. We may stay at the Solare in June only because we will be bringing along kids. Right now if it is just Kay and I we prefer the adults only policy of the CP. Also, note the Solare rooms have showers (some with tubs). Anyone that has been to the CP knows about the huge marble tubs in every room, that's one of Kay's things. I also like the addition of the grilled Mahi Mahi sandwiches at the Breezes bar (the big palapa on the beach. Just give me another reason to visit with Aldo during the day.