Best Hotel Value for the money

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

CrisxCross
Best Hotel Value for the money

Post by CrisxCross » Tue May 11, 2004 1:41 pm

Hi all,

I just got back from my 2nd recent trip to PV. I stayed at the Buenaventura Hotel & Beach Club both times and I have to tell you I found it a great value for the "All Inclusive" package shopper.. Why? The pools are immaculate, the food is always 5-star quality, the rooms were clean and roomy and the beachfront location is ideal for almost every activity (close to the Malecon,etc.) In fact, the food was so good we seldom went elsewhere. Too many other amenities and services to mention here, but all were professionally provided at a working person's budget. I am sure PV has many others but... if something is working great, why fix it?

I know I'll be back for sure.

Chris

1st but not last timer

Re:Best Hotel Value for the money

Post by 1st but not last timer » Tue May 11, 2004 2:15 pm

I agree with you. It was our first time to PV and we loved it. The Buenaventure was a clean place and conviniently located. We would walk everyday downtown in the morning and come back and just hang out for the rest of the afternoon. It was close to the PV.net internet place. Also, the staff were excellent. I would go back there again. The rooms were clean, the food was decent(we didn't starve), and the drinks were fabulous for the AI. The beach was nice, but a little rocky near the shoreline. Where else can you go where you can eat, drink, and shop right from your lounge chair? .

charboehm
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by charboehm » Wed May 12, 2004 1:50 pm

Just wondering how many many resturants do they have? What kind of food did they have? Do they have a swim up bar? Do they have theam nights? HOw about entertainment?
Thanks What was the price ?

Canada

Post by Canada » Thu May 13, 2004 3:36 pm

Not to be rude or anything but dosen't that hotel let locals with their families in to the pool area? I would just prefer to be in a hotel with just guests from my hotel around the pool.

Charlieb

Post by Charlieb » Thu May 13, 2004 7:02 pm

Not to be rude or anything, Canada, but why go to Puerto Vallarta if you don't want to associate with locals and their families?

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Thu May 13, 2004 10:19 pm

not to be rude or anything, but what is it you are afraid of canada? do you think they are going to take something from you? isn't that what a trip to someplace diff. is all abpout, getting to know the people. i can't think of a better way. our son has always played with the local children while down at the beach or around the resort. most times they didn't even speak the same language, but that didn't matter because there language was one of play. i am also from canada but our views ( thank god ) are vastly diff. just try to get to know the locals and i bet you will find that you are not that much diff then they are. one time , a few years ago we met a local family that spoke a little english and we spoke some spanish, pretty soon we were invited up to there little house up the hill for lunch. we had a fantastic time. i wish you luck canada, and i hope you can have the same experience that we had. m.m.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu May 13, 2004 10:32 pm

Actually I think I understand Canada, when I am on vacations I hope the hotel I am staying at is not overrun by tons of noisy kids and families with tents and ghetto blasters... I have a feeling that was what Canada was talking about, having the hotel for the paying visitors and not all the local population... I know it sounds a bit snotty, but I really am not very appreciative of "picturesque" locals when I am trying to rest and relax.

Just wondering if this was the case... :-)

Greetings

Mogens

1st but not last timer

Post by 1st but not last timer » Fri May 14, 2004 3:25 pm

I'm sure it really doesn't matter where you go as long as you are in a nice and clean hotel. When we were there, as far as I know, the other "Mexican" people were the ones that came from inland.(Guadalajara mainly) If you call that "local people", then yes there were "locals" It's just nice to hear children laugh and splash around instead of whining and fighting. What difference does it make if there are "local people" there any way? I think it's all about the experience. Anyways, the restaurants that are there were great. The one Fruts and Fleurs had buffet breakfast and dinner. Also, you could order a la carte for dinner on request and lunch was in another restaurant by the ocean with an a la carte menu.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri May 14, 2004 4:28 pm

when we are in p.v. there have always been just a few locals around the resort and connor has always enjoyed playing with them. i understand what canada was saying if the resort was overrun with people from other resorts (arm bands reduce this ) or from the local pop. i guess i would be upset to. especially if there was no room to sit at the pool. if this is the case i totally understand what canada was relating to. m.m.

Queen of Vallarta

Post by Queen of Vallarta » Fri May 14, 2004 7:46 pm

I completely understand what Canada was talking about. Why is everyone so sensitive? If I am paying for a hotel, I would be ticked off if ANY type of outsiders were allowed to come in and enjoy what I'm paying good money for. Everyone just needs to relax and don't take things so personally. If the "locals" were guests of the hotel, I'm sure Canada would have no problem with that.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Fri May 14, 2004 11:53 pm

I think a lot of the hotels sell day passes- which would definitely affect enjoyment at a location. We had 2 large conventions booked at the Holiday Inn on our last stay. Restaurants were crowded, line ups for drinks , pool chairs at a premium etc. Something to check with your agent.

susana

Post by susana » Sat May 15, 2004 2:20 am

Many PV hotels welcome you to the pool or beach area for the price of lunch or drinks even if you are not staying there. Maybe this is not true of the "armband" resort type places but I know of several nice downtown and southside properties who let non-guests use their pool, bar, restaurant.

manfred from ottawa/ca

Post by manfred from ottawa/ca » Sat May 15, 2004 9:42 pm

maybe he is a getto tourist ???eat , sleep & drinks in the hotel & go nowhere LOL!!!!i like to meet people from all over the world . a german-canadian

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Sat May 15, 2004 11:06 pm

manfred from ottawa/canada (May 15, 2004 05:42 p.m.):
maybe he is a getto tourist ???eat , sleep & drinks in the hotel & go nowhere LOL!!!!i like to meet people from all over the world . a german-canadian
right on german canadian. m.m.

susana

Post by susana » Sun May 16, 2004 4:23 pm

This reminds me a bit of a co-worker who does not like PV. Her complaint? "Too many Mexicans on the beach". I had never been interested in the Buenaventura, but what I've learned from this post, sounds like it could be fun! Sign me, a person who enjoys large, extended, noisy Mexican families on vacation.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Sun May 16, 2004 7:05 pm

right on susana. this is what p.v. should be about. each year we come down we bring at least 2 extra suitcases full of clothes, and school supplies and give them to an orphanage. you should see the smiles on the children when they receive even just a pencil. i am way off topic here. sorry.

all i know is our 10 year old boy has a great time playing with the other guests and the locals. we could alll take some lessons from children sometimes. m.m.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Sun May 16, 2004 7:13 pm

I bet you love sunsets and puppies also, before we completelely lose track of this thread, I don't think Canada's post was intended to be anti-Mexican. He was concerned with non-guests useing the hotel facilities. If the hotel has this policy it should be made public. Imagine if you were staying at a resort that sold day passes to the incoming cruise ships? How would that affect your holiday?

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Sun May 16, 2004 11:24 pm

Smitty (May 16, 2004 03:13 p.m.):
I bet you love sunsets and puppies also, before we completelely lose track of this thread, I don't think Canada's post was intended to be anti-Mexican. He was concerned with non-guests useing the hotel facilities. If the hotel has this policy it should be made public. Imagine if you were staying at a resort that sold day passes to the incoming cruise ships? How would that affect your holiday?
who doesn't love p.v. sunsets and puppies but what does that have to do with the subject. thanks for the update on what he was concerned about, i don't think we understood until now. they already do sell day passes to the cruise ships. m.m.

canada

Post by canada » Tue May 18, 2004 8:15 pm

whoa I didn't mean to start a fight I just thought that if a hotel lets people from outside the hotel in (from mexico or from a different hotel) I think since I've paid for the room I should get priority over anyone that doesn't actually stay there. sorry for the confusion

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue May 18, 2004 8:25 pm

canada (May 18, 2004 04:15 p.m.):
whoa I didn't mean to start a fight I just thought that if a hotel lets people from outside the hotel in (from mexico or from a different hotel) I think since I've paid for the room I should get priority over anyone that doesn't actually stay there. sorry for the confusion
here is my personal olive branch out to you. i guess having my son get along with all the local kids and meeting the locals and even going for dinner at their houses, i have a bit of a diff. take on the situation. it certainly doesn't make my view the correct view, just a diff. one. i do see were you are coming from, and if there was no room for the paying guests to sit and relax, i would be a little put off as well. ( this can be anywere, not just mexico. a motel six in Nowere, u.s.a. if it was all local kids in the pool would garner the same reaction. ) i hope that clears up my situation. m.m.