Food reccomendations at Golden Crown Paradise?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

PV_tourist2
Food reccomendations at Golden Crown Paradise?

Post by PV_tourist2 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:30 pm

Hello again,

I asked earlier about the drink selection at GCP and got some great responses. I heard the soft tacos and Mahi Mahi sandwich are a must try. I was wondering what everyone would reccomend for food whlie I'm there. Anything at the resraunts at the hotel or anything worth going over to the Crown Paradise hotel for?

Thanks

tojol57

Re:Food reccomendations at Golden Crown Paradise?

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:01 pm

well you can't go wrong with the numero Ocho at the breeze bar at lunch time... Mahi Mahi with avocado... excellente.... now for me... i love going up to the grill area by the pool, and get a double cheese burger, some chicken, pizza etc.. all after water aerobics... LOL then slip down to see Polo at the Pub Bar for a fresh cold beer.... really all you have to do is read the menus and go from there... tthere is so much food to try, and then you can still slip into town as well... and trust me, i have a wife that is skidish on a lot of foods, but i don't know anything that she hasn't tried and not liked.... and again, if you don't like it, just ask them for something else, or if you look hungry and would like to try two dishes, just ask Poly up in Paradise or Carlos down in Salvadors ... and you will be fine.... when we go for two weeks.... and we come home... we head straight to Betty Ford to detox, and to Richard Simmons to lose those pounds....

Remember this is a vacation... RELAX and go with the flow.... we have been there 8 times over the last six or seven years... and we have been coming to Puerto Vallarta for the last 12 years.... witha stop in Jamaica in between....

have a good time... you will be fine...

jhoefle
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jhoefle » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:04 pm

Both Paradise and Salvador's are very good resturants. The seafood at each was always excellent. The service is great and don't forget these are the two places at the resort that serve Sexy Coffee - which is a show all in itself. As for the at Crown next door- we found the French resturant ( I don't remember it's name) to be excellent also and worth the extra effort to make a reservation there. Hope this helps.

andy

Post by andy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:57 am

PV_tourist2 (Jul 20, 2005 03:30 p.m.):
Hello again,

I asked earlier about the drink selection at GCP and got some great responses. I heard the soft tacos and Mahi Mahi sandwich are a must try. I was wondering what everyone would reccomend for food whlie I'm there. Anything at the resraunts at the hotel or anything worth going over to the Crown Paradise hotel for?

Thanks

andy

Hello again,

Thanks

andy

Hello again,

Thanks

andy

Hello again,

Thanks

andy

Post by andy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:18 am

with over 300 restaraunts in pv it allways amazes me why people go on holidays and stay in their hotel for 2-3 weks without going out
the restaraunts in pv will far surpass anything you will find in an AI , you are in mexico..get out of the hotel and see the people. culture,food and god forbid even talk with a vender and make friends. the whole pv scene has changed over the last 10 years with the all inclusive with their wrist bracelets, and the mexicans will take advantage of this as they know you are only in the hotel, in a foreign country, and not looking for anything that does not resemble the good old us, so you are fair game with lots of $$$$. would you go to rome , england, colima and spend your vacation in a hotel? you miss too much if you do.;;

jhoefle
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jhoefle » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:14 pm

Speaking for myself, I was just trying to answer the question that was asked. I too, agree that you should get out and try the local resturants and such, to get a feel for the area that you are in. How ever, if you are staying at an AI you want info on that too. Many people like the convience that AI has to offer, in that you have a place to call home where you can get a meal and a drink without having to bother about the worry of carring around money, which can be a real plus for some of us when we want to spend time just relaxing on beach or pool-side for a few hours. JMO

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:18 pm

Andy, there is nothing wrong with going AI if you are there to totally relax and kick back... We have been coming to Puerto Vallarta for 12 years, and we have been to the Golden Crown Paradise for the last 7 years... We enjoy all inclusive because of the convenience of not having to go out if we don't want to... never having to reach for my pocket to see how much money is available for the next few days or week... But we also find time to go into town and visit some of our favorite resturants too... The Golden Crown does have some excellent menus to choose from, and they change every day for the two specialty resturants.... So you get the best of all worlds....We come down here from Iowa in the middle of winter to get away from the severe cold weather and snow for two weeks in February... and all we want to do is kick back, warm up the old bones, and spend time with our friends and Familia at the resort.... Yes we do know that there is a lot of great resturants to sample in Vallarta... and it is just nice not having to grab a taxi to and from the resort (added costs) to go to dinner every night.... or lunch every day.... but that is just my opinion....

have a great day....

kennye
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by kennye » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:56 am

If you like sushi head to the beach and grab a seat at the breeze. There is a decent variety and the quality is good. Served after 6 p.m.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:40 pm

andy (Jul 20, 2005 09:18 p.m.):
with over 300 restaraunts in pv it allways amazes me why people go on holidays and stay in their hotel for 2-3 weks without going out
the restaraunts in pv will far surpass anything you will find in an AI , you are in mexico..get out of the hotel and see the people. culture,food and god forbid even talk with a vender and make friends. the whole pv scene has changed over the last 10 years with the all inclusive with their wrist bracelets, and the mexicans will take advantage of this as they know you are only in the hotel, in a foreign country, and not looking for anything that does not resemble the good old us, so you are fair game with lots of $$$$. would you go to rome , england, colima and spend your vacation in a hotel? you miss too much if you do.;;
Andy, after re-reading your post.... just because i go AI doesn't mean i spend all my time at the hotel... And if i went to Rome, London England, or any where in Europe .... i would still go and see the sights.... but would i go to these places year after year after year after year like i do Vallarta... probably not... We have been coming to Vallarta area for 12 yrs... and coming to the Golden Crown Paradise is like coming home... The staff is always ready for our visit... and we are greated with so many hugs and kisses it is fantastic.... We have been to Sandals Resorts in Jamaica five times, but as those prices started skyrocketing, it was best to switch to Mexico where i can stay two weeks for the price of one week in Jamaica.... will move on from Puerto Vallarta... not right now we won't, but that doesnt mean we wont go else where... we have been on cruises, Jamaica, Hawaii and various areas in the States.... but when winter comes to Iowa and the Midwest... February is the perfect time to get out of here for two weeks and go "home" to warm up.... see our friends from across the world that come to the GCP the same time we do, and be with our familia there as well as in the city... So i am not disputing your claim, but once you have done all the tours, done all the adventures, etc... it is time to just come down and relax... and yes slip down town for a few cocktails, maybe some dancing and partying, as well as meet the people and customs of Vallarta... we love Vallarta, that is why we keep coming back... and will keep coming back until we can move down there permantly and retire there.....

have a great time....

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:53 pm

My last reply did not stick to this posting, so I'll try again. This last time (June) we had dinner at the Paradise with the exception of the two trips into town. Everything that I had was excellent. The choices were many and I had mostly the beef, lamb or the seafood. I also enjoy the salad bar in this resturant. I wish I could be of more help.

folsom
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by folsom » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:27 pm

We liked breakfast at the little cafe just past the lobby on the bottom floor, I don't remember the name of it. The buffet was good but I like the cjoices at teh cafe. For lunch I would have Julian make me some nachos r I would visit the girls at the snack shack for the AWSOME and I do mean AWSOME pork tacos. As a before dinner treat we learned that the sushi was quite good and refreshing at the breezes bar. The anything as Salvadores or Paradise is going to be top notch.

As far as the AI I like it 'cause they change everyday, I can try all of the food that looks good and I don't have to carry cash with me. Now we did head in to PV a few days and found a few nice places to eat, but there was nothing like the food at Salvadores. I am sure that will get me in trouble but that is jut show I feel.

As Tom said "Relax and go with the flow" the best thing about GCP is that there is no such thing as a bad meal, and if you got somehting you don't like, ask fore somehting else.

By the way you can always go next door to the Paradise Club and eat. They have a buffet at all hours and a good Japanese restraunt. We did not try any of the others though.

Have fun and Salude
G.