Riu Jalisco, this time!

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
Riu Jalisco, this time!

Post by chuck » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:50 pm

Oh well, it finallly happened that I could not get a place at the GCP. BUT, it looks like we will get to try the RIU. Been looking for reviews an the majority seem really good. We will be at the Riu from Sat 7 Jan to Sat 14 Jan. I haven't seen many reviews on this BB so I will post an intensive trip report upon my return. [hello] Just glad to be in PV in Jan.

PV_Fubar

Riu

Post by PV_Fubar » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:21 am

You can't go wrong with the Riu Jalisco. Been there twice and have enjoyed it both times.
I would take one of those plug in glade fresheners for the room.
And a big bar of soap.

enjoy!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:13 am

Yep, checked out that damn Tripadvisor and that was mentioned over and over again. Did notice that those comments do not occur during the winter, since the humidity is not that bad. Also noted a lack of complaints about kids in Jan and Feb. Good thing for me and the wife, we go on vacation to get rid of the little buggers. :!:
Thanks PV Fubar for the info.

tojol57

OMG Chuck and Kaye

Post by tojol57 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:39 pm

Hola mi Amigos - Senor Chuck and Senora Kaye....

Tell me it isn't so, that you aren't at the GCP... Holy Mackeral ... we are surely going to miss you, but we will be there the 10th -24th that doesn't mean we can't meet in town for cocktails or dinner... I have hear a lot of good things about the Riu Jalisco.... We had some friends from Grundy Center stay there, and loved it out in Nuevo Vallarta, they were there for R n R, not into the ventures of PV.. it was their first time out of the country... so it was great for them to be in a really relaxed atmosphere.... you will just have to come to town and visit the GCP and we can talk to Nacho and the crew for a day pass so that you can come and see the staff, Aldo, Poly, Polo, etc. etc. etc....

see you down there....

Love hugs and kisses from Iowa...

Tom and Lorrie

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:48 pm

Well, Chuck and Kay... Mr. Crown turned 48 yesterday (Nov. 26th) and because of that, he can't read. Ha! Ha! It looks like you are going Jan. 7 - 14. We are going Feb. 10 - 24 so I don't thnk we'll see you down there unless you are planning on staying for a month or so or unless we win the lottery. 75 days from today and we should be on our way. We had some friends from WI that we met that really liked the Riu Jalisco. In fact we almost stayed there one time but decided to go to the GCP. The beaches out there in Nuevo Vallarta are very nice and you can walk for miles. That was one thing we really liked about that area. It sounds like it has really been developed out there so we look forward to your report when you get back. We are supposed to have t-storms today and snow by tomorrow afternoon. Only in Iowa.... 75 days and counting!!!

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: OMG Chuck and Kaye

Post by stew » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:54 pm

tojol57 wrote:Hola mi Amigos - Senor Chuck and Senora Kaye.. We had some friends from Grundy Center stay there, and loved it out in Nuevo Vallarta, they were there for R n R, not into the ventures of PV..

see you down there....

Love hugs and kisses from Iowa...

Tom and Lorrie
Grundy Center huh? You keep taking me down Memory lane Tom. Did lots of Pheasant hunting over that way between Dike & there. Just a bit of a cultural shock between Grundy & PV! Thanks for the memory!
P.S. Happy birthday Amigo!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:49 am

It sucks getting older, although the alterative is worse. I noticed right away that Tom was a month off, last time Kay was a month off we had Nikole, our youngest.
This will give me an opportunity to go to Bucieras and sample some of the resturants there. I will only schedule 1 trip to PV el centro, to show our neighbors around. Other than that its going to be non-stop fiesta time. oo-|

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:09 pm

I may be a year older, blind in one eye and can't see out of the other... oh well... Lojo and I hope that you and Kaye have a great time no matter what... Check out Dugarels in Bucerias...

love hugs and kisses from Iowa... hope you weathered the severe storms that went thru your area last night...

tom and lorrie

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Riu archives

Post by webmaster » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:36 pm

Older posts on Riu:

viewtopic.php?t=3790
viewtopic.php?t=4079
viewtopic.php?t=4154

Seems I'm the olny one not extatic with the place :-)

Greetings

Mogens

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:14 am

Yo - chuck... look for Dale and Marian from Janesville WI.... they switched from Hotel Sierra to the Riu... and they love it.... they usually go down about that time as well...

have a good one... enjoy....

and now i think i have gone over 1100 posts ... YES... ding ding ding ding.... LOL

Tom