Royal Decameron Costa Flamingos

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

shari62700
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Royal Decameron Costa Flamingos

Post by shari62700 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:32 pm

All:

I have been researching the internet for quite some time and trying to determine the best bang for my buck for my 9 year old and myself when we go to PV last week in October. There is a pretty good all inclusive deal going on at the hotel noted above and all the traveler reviews on Expedia.com are pretty good. I am not expecting more than good beach, kid friendly, decent food and location to downtown. Anyone been there and have a personal opinion? We will be going downtown a couple of times during our stay and doing dolphin adventure as well as signing up for one of the ATV trips into the mountains.

skerlarry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by skerlarry » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:42 pm

I know a couple of people that have been there and have been OK., but not thrilled.

It is about as far from Downtown as you can get though. It is just outside Bucerios sp.

shari62700
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by shari62700 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:05 pm

skerlarry wrote:I know a couple of people that have been there and have been OK., but not thrilled.

It is about as far from Downtown as you can get though. It is just outside Bucerios sp.
Isn't Bucerios a nice spot to be near? I plan on only going downtown a couple of times and am wondering how long of a ride it might be?

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by helenf » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:31 pm

Shari,

Its about a half hour- 40 minute cab or bus ride into town - very easy to get there by cab or bus and really not all that expensive (can't remember how much it was, sorry). The Royal Decameron is perfect for people with kids. They have a kids club where the kids are always busy, a wading pool for the kids, food isn't too bad (lots of hamburgers, hot dogs, fries for kids), and the beach there is great too. This resort has everything for moms and dads too.

Bucerias is a wonderful village that you can walk to from the resort (about a 20 minute walk). I found that prices are cheaper here at the market than downtown PV too.

I loved it there. The only reason I wouldn't stay there again is because I prefer to be closer to town where all the action is (I don't have any kids and we go off the resort everyday). I think you've made a great choice to travel with your child to this resort.

Helen

shari62700
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by shari62700 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:56 pm

[quote="helenf"]Shari,

Thanks, Helen! I have not been to PV in about 11 years & back then I was single and childless...I am attempting to plan things a lot differently this time around:) I so appreciate your comments. The RD is really inexpensive which leaves us much more cash to spend and do fun stuff. I do not want to spend a fortune at one of the nicer resorts and take away from our spending money. In addition, it has received pretty positive reviews in re to it's all inclusive plan so I will probably go that route!

cside17
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cside17 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:52 pm

My wife and I stayed at the RDC last Sept, and loved it so much, we are taking our kids July1-15th. Can't wait.

Take the local bus into town, well worth the ride!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:19 pm

If I was to take kids to PV I would propably pick something like the RDC. they would not be too linterested in PV proper and would mostly hang out at the pool or on the beach. But then again that would be in some parallel universe where I would actually take kids on vacation. :lol:

shari62700
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by shari62700 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:03 pm

Thanks so much....so far, only positives from folks responding....only semi-negative remark was the distance to downtown.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:52 pm

shari62700...jumping in a little late here, but I have deen to the RD many times (as well as others) and the type of property that you describe as seeking is very much the RD...you will not be dissappointed...sonofdob.

shari62700
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by shari62700 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:01 pm

Thanks to yourself and everyone who has been so helpful on this website, I am going to book the trip. And the RD sounds like it has everything I am looking for and more!