Presidente Intercontinental Information

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Favourite Time of Year in PV and Why?

January
4%
Febuary
22%
March
4%
April
9%
May
13%
June
9%
July
4%
August
4%
September
No votes
October
13%
November
4%
December
13%

Total votes: 23

pacificoceangirl1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Presidente Intercontinental Information

Post by pacificoceangirl1 » Sun May 14, 2006 6:01 pm

Anyone who could give me some good information on this hotel? We are going beginning of June.

How is the beach for swimming?

Are the restaurants good and which are open for dinner?

Prices for lunch/breakfast/dinner/drinks?

Any further information or experience of the hotel would be so helpful!

Thanks so much everyone [img][/img]

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun May 14, 2006 6:46 pm

June for me, aniversary, my birthday and big discounts on the GCP. I like PV anytime of the year, but we have visited most often in June.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Sun May 14, 2006 10:08 pm

We haven't been there for quite a few years but I remember the rooms were nice, food was good. It has it's own beach but I don't remember a lot about it. I have thought of going there again but stuck on the GCP right now. April is a nice month for PV we didn't break a sweat while there.

rosie

Post by rosie » Mon May 15, 2006 12:57 am

we stay 2 doors down at Playa Gemelas. D'Antonio Italian restaurant is housed in the PI, fabulous food and presentation...very traditional with 4-7 courses. Go Hungry!
The beach is very pretty but I have noticed on our last 3 trips in Dec that the wave action is wicked, not for a novice or moderate swimmer.
That's the extent of my experience with PI.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon May 15, 2006 3:46 am

Feb/March for us because that's the only time we've ever been down there. Would love to try July/Aug. though because of the fresh green and ripe mangoes at that time.

Chuck, what day is your birthday? I'm also in June. Gemini - hence my evil twin!!!

Joyce

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon May 15, 2006 1:59 pm

DELETED

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon May 15, 2006 4:55 pm

travelbug_jp wrote:Feb/March for us because that's the only time we've ever been down there. Would love to try July/Aug. though because of the fresh green and ripe mangoes at that time.

Chuck, what day is your birthday? I'm also in June. Gemini - hence my evil twin!!!

Joyce
Lo siento, amigo, soy cancer (29 Junio) But close enough! I may not be a twin but I sure am evil :twisted:

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

president

Post by rossk » Mon May 15, 2006 5:29 pm

We spent 6 nights at the Presidente in October 2004, and I posted several photos of the property online for someone who was contemplating staying there: http://community.webshots.com/album/207215085MBsycP

It is a newly renovated, very nice and well kept property, 4-5 stars. Most rooms are oceanfront, private terrace and good-sized. Nice beach, semi-private, tho not very deep at high tide. Pool and grounds very good, was very quiet in October, 10% occupancy. Service is excellent. Participated in the on-site turtle release one evening.

However, the rooms are pricey, and they charge you for everything, including the in-room coffee packet and bottled water. Making morning coffee was around $7 US. Mini bar is very expensive, and there's no room in the fridge for your own stuff, which is *supposedly* prohibited anyway. (The maid left limes when she spotted our taboo tequila bottle.)

We never ate at the outdoor restaurant, and we had what was apparently an uncharacteristically bad dinner at Da Antonio. My lasagna was akin to something from Stouffer's, unquesionably frozen and microwaved. Watery and tasteless. The calamari salad was excellent however, and the staff was VERY attentive. We were treated to the best table in the house, separate from all the others, surrounded by glass. Very romantic (our 20th anniversary).

Didn't partake in any spa activities. Quite a distance from town, best if you're going to spend a lot of time on the property. We had a car, about a 10-15 min drive to town. No restaurants closeby, best to eat there, or in town. The jacuzzi rooms have the tubs indoors, though I had heard they moved them onto the terrace, a much better location. They were $400/night, we decided to pass.

Very nice place, tho we probably won't stay there again, we like to be nearer to town.

pacificoceangirl1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

PI

Post by pacificoceangirl1 » Tue May 16, 2006 3:51 am

Thanks rossk - this is very helpful and your photos are excellent!

rosie

Post by rosie » Tue May 16, 2006 6:13 am

great photos, they make me "homesick"! love the kitty closeup.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue May 16, 2006 3:44 pm

February is our favorite time to go to PV as it is time of get out of the winter duldrums of Iowa...

Great pics and thread there. We have never stayed at this resort... no comments... have a good one...

:wink: :lol: 8)

pinklemonade
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by pinklemonade » Wed May 17, 2006 1:54 am

February/March... high school spring break and reading break... parrrrrty