Recommnedations for three couples - no kids

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru
Recommnedations for three couples - no kids

Post by Contessa » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:53 pm

Any help would be appreciated. We are looking at GCP, Barcelo, and Dreams. Any advice on which hotel has the best? Or another hotel that we missed?

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:47 pm

Well, Contessa, I checked your profile and found nothing, so in order to get helpful answers, we'll need to know more about you and the others in order to get a handle on the question. Chuck... 8)

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Hasta Pronto!

Post by Contessa » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:42 am

Hey Chuck,

We are three couples, ages 35 - 50. We love Mexico, the culture, being active, not much into the bar scene, but have been known to have fun at Andales...! We usually stay at a condo in old town, but with three couples, felt that the AI was the answer. Less decisions... We'll probably go out for dinner a few times while there... but would like a resort where we would have lots of activities to keep us busy, a nice beach to walk, cold beer and good food. Comfy beds would be awesome... so many resorts have the rock hard Mexican mattresses! We are flying out of Seattle, as we will be there for Seahawks agains Packers for Monday night football on Nov 27. The flight leaves Nov 28... and we have it narrowed down to the three resorts listed. We would rather NOT stay in a "Family Friendly" resort... as our kids are not coming with us.

Thanks for any info.. and please hurry... we need to book SOON!

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Resorts

Post by Jennybean » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:55 am

Well, if you're talking zero family friendly there are only the GCP and the Premier that are adult only (I think the Sun Getaway might be too, but...it's not what you're looking for).

Have you thought about adding the Presidente Intercontinental to your list? Gets some pretty good reviews, not too far from town on a very nice beach, not too heavy on the family/kids thing.

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:43 am

Have stayed 9 times at the Golden Crown Pardise (GPC) and once at Dreams, never heard of the Barcelo. Also have stayed at the Premiere (adults only) I personally would not recommend the Dreams, although it has a very very nice location, the restaurants were very below par compared with the GCP and the Premiere. The GCP obviously is our favorite resrort, it is larger than the Premiere and has more activity going on during the day, the Premiere is much more subdued but very elegant in my opinion. Hope this helps a little, I know what it is like trying to pick the right place for your perfect vacation, but I think you can't go wrong for an adult only experience with the GCP or the Premiere. Believe me in another day yuu will have many responses to you inquire!

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Barcelo

Post by Jennybean » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:05 pm

Barcelo = Barcelo La Jolla de Mismaloya

Dreams used to get much better reviews when it was still the Camino Real.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:23 pm

Contessa, i think you are on the right path with the GCP... i have sent you some PM's as well as an e-mail... if there is anything else i can do to help out, let me know...

welcome to the GCP familia, as well as this bulletin board... you will find some crazies and whackos out here, but they are pretty good people anyway... we love them... :wink: :roll:

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Resorts

Post by rossk » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:37 pm

Jennybean wrote:Have you thought about adding the Presidente Intercontinental to your list? Gets some pretty good reviews, not too far from town on a very nice beach, not too heavy on the family/kids thing.
The Presidente used to be AI, but no longer is. It is very nice, but quite honestly we tired of the drive into town, which is only an issue if you're doing it daily (as we did).

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

thanks all

Post by Contessa » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:12 am

we've decided to book the GCP.. now there are FOUR couples... I should be in sales.... lol... seriously, thanks for your responses, especially to Tom.. i am addicted to this board...and to Mexico. Guess it's the rainy climate of Vancouver Island.... right now is wonderful summer... but come the fall...I'm ready to head south! I'll check back and give a report when we return... with most of the details... that the board allows anyways.

Til then...!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:15 pm

Glad you chose the GCP and I know you all will be very happy with the decision. I was away from the forum for a couple of days or you would have gotten my dos centavos worth of the GCP pitch for your group. You will really like the staff and the resturants are really good for an AI. When getting drinks at the bars ask for the top shelf booze if you want, they've got it and will dispense when requested.
Please do not forget a trip report when you get back...BTW..When did you book your holiday? Just curious. :?