Los Muertos hotel

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Los Muertos hotel

Post by rossk » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:00 pm

Thanks to all for the quick replies to my Molin de Agua query. We have a Punta Negra condo booked for 9 nights, and would like to spend our first night this Oct in town, right on the beach. (A shorter walk for our margaritas and shrimps fix.) We're not looking for the cheapest place, but rather something comfortable, and oceanfront. Los Arcos always looked kind of cool, any recommendations on a place along Los Muertos? Our only experience in old town is Molino de Agua, r.i.p.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Trop

Post by Jennybean » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:08 pm

Try the Tropicana.

Many ocean front hotels on Los Muertos are in a bit of a state of change right now (lots of stuff changing hands, etc.), but the Trop isn't.

If you're willing to walk a whole block to the beach (LOL), I highly recommend the Vallarta Sun Hotel.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

San Marino Hotel, Puerto Vallarta

Post by webmaster » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:11 pm

I've never stayed at Los Arcos, but it looks nice and has many happy visitors so it must be good. The only hotel I've stayed at in the Los Muertos beach are is the San Marino Hotel, it was quite good, nothing luxurious, but the everything was ok, the food was surprisingly good for a hotel with only one restaurant. Lots of Europeans and gay couples, but that doesn't bother me, I'm half european too, so I understand them. If you are very budget minded San Marino might be a good option too.

Greetings

Mogens

tojol57

Re: San Marino Hotel, Puerto Vallarta

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 pm

mgallard wrote:I've never stayed at Los Arcos, but it looks nice and has many happy visitors so it must be good. The only hotel I've stayed at in the Los Muertos beach are is the San Marino Hotel, it was quite good, nothing luxurious, but the everything was ok, the food was surprisingly good for a hotel with only one restaurant. Lots of Europeans and gay couples, but that doesn't bother me, I'm half european too, so I understand them. If you are very budget minded San Marino might be a good option too.

Greetings

Mogens

:shock: :shock: for a minute there i thought you were going to say you are half :shock: too.... don't scare me like that Mogens.... I don't think my heart could take that... :lol: :lol: 8)

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:28 pm

What about the Eloisa? It is not oceanfront but just steps away.

http://www.puertovallarta.net/accommoda ... .php?id=38

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

SM

Post by Jennybean » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:13 pm

I normally mention the San Marino, however they've been purchased by the Blue Chairs group and will be turned into a gay lifestyle resort sometime soon...and I don't know how far along that process is or if it's going to involve renovations, so I didn't mention it (thus the mention of changeovers - goes for the Torre de Oro too, which is already in the process of being renovated and turned into The Abbey).

Is being right ON the beach absolutely vital? If not, there are plenty of options south side. Eloisa, Posada de Roger, Vallarta Sun, La Terraza Inn, Brisas del Mar, Suites de Alba, Casa Corazon, etc etc etc.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:46 pm

Thanks for the input. I didn't realize how much old town is/has changed. I checked out the San Marino, and they're AI only, one night for 4 is $400, and we wanted to eat out anyway. The Tropicana has a minimum stay, as do the Los Arcos properties. I can see if we want to spend only one night in a property, we're going to have to be less picky. I can't complain, we're spending the next 9 nights oceanfront. My main concern is that I don't want to be STREETfront, I hear that old town can be a bit raucous on Friday nights, and us old boomers need our sleep [sleep]

Esp. after several generous portions of tequila oo-|

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:12 pm

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by susan p » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:37 pm

Tropicana
Hotel Eloisa
Suites Emperador
Playa Los Arcos

Are your best choices that are not all-inclusives. The list is in my own personal order of preference. Eloisa is a few steps off the beach, the other three directly on it.
________
WEED NEWS
Last edited by susan p on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:24 pm

Susan, we have been doing our homework the last couple of days, and my list is pretty much the same as yours, though the exact order differs. I appreciate your and everyone else's imput, our choice may be in there somewhere.
Last edited by rossk on Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

PLA

Post by Jennybean » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:24 pm

PLA is an all inclusive, however I believe the AI is optional.

If you're just looking for one night, oftentimes the beachfront places will have a minimum night booking (as you have already noted), so you might be forced to look off beach anyways.

If all you're really looking for is a place to store the luggage and sleep somewhere clean for a night, try the Posada de Roger. Only two blocks to the beach from B. Badillo and I know they do single night bookings. They won't be full in October (I've stayed there during that month, it was maybe 30 to 40 percent occupied at the max until the Dia de Los Muertos long weekend), so you may even be able to swing a walk-in without any difficulty.

I can recommend it as an excellent budget property, clean and friendly. Lovely pool, rooftop patio, Fredy's El Tucan right downstairs for breakfast and lunch if you like. I would aim for the rooms facing Badillo, that street tends to be much quieter at night than Ignacio Vallarta.

hotelposadaderoger[dot]com for more details and photos.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: PLA

Post by rossk » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:37 pm

Jennybean wrote:PLA is an all inclusive, however I believe the AI is optional.

If you're just looking for one night, oftentimes the beachfront places will have a minimum night booking (usually 2 or 3), so you might be forced to look off beach anyways.

If all you're really looking for is a place to store the luggage and sleep somewhere clean for a night, try the Posada de Roger. Only two blocks to the beach from B. Badillo and I know they do single night bookings. They won't be full in October (I've stayed there during that month, it was maybe 30 to 40 percent occupied at the max until the Dia de Los Muertos long weekend), so you may even be able to swing a walk-in.

hotelposadaderoger[dot]com for more details and photos.
Actually, you're right about the Los Arcos, I was thinking of Los Arcos Suites. Interestingly, many places seem to require more than one night on their own websites, but on third party sites seem to be accepting reservations for one only. Posado de Roger is one I have heard of before, but haven't read much about, I appreciate your recommendation.

A walk-in is something we're considering also, I'm sure the town won't be full in mid-Oct, even on a Friday afternoon. This is something that may come into play in Yelapa, we'd like to spend a night at Lagunita, but they will accept reservations for 2 or more only. We may just show up, sunscreen and toothbrush in hand and take our chance. The other nightly places there are less attractive to us, Blue Moon (rather unknown, little info) La Joya de Yelapa (right on the main paths, and directly behind the horse corral) and Yelapa Oasis (how do you get across the river at night?)

Ahhh, decisions, decisions.