Paradise village??

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

loveak
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Paradise village??

Post by loveak » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:04 pm

I found a special for P.V. they said I would stay in the Cabo tower overlooking the Marina. Is this far from the resturants? Or from the beach? Special is $1783.00 for couple, this is AI, is this a good deal for 7 nights in Feb. However there is a "meeting" we have to attend.

kgs
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by kgs » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:33 pm

Are you sure this is a good deal? In other words have you checked on the prices at other AI hotels in NV? The fact that you have to attend a Time Share presentation and also pay $1,783 sounds wrong to me. But in any event please know that the presentation is not , I repeat IS NOT 90 minutes. We did the TS presentation there last February and believe me it takes about 4 hours. If I were there for only 7 days I would not want to devote half a day to a presentation. Re your other questions, the hotel is very nice. The Marina units are very near (across the street) all of the other public spaces including the beach. You might want to consider looking at vrbo.com and focusing your search on condo units for rent in the Playa Royale complex, which was built by the Pradise Village people and is down the beach about 1/8th of a mile. To give you a comparison we are renting a 2 bedroom 2 bath 1800 square foot unit in the front building with bold ocean front views on the 8th floor, for $4,000 for 29 nights. The units are drop dead gorgeous(full gourmet kitchens) and the grounds are top notch. Its sort of like a condohotel as there is maid service, concierge service, beach bar and restaurant, etc. You have to negotiate with the owners for pricing, but there are a lot of units for rent (I mean a lot) and you can get a great price. With the money you would save, you could dine out every night and still save money. Good luck!

loveak
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by loveak » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:04 pm

KGS
How many nights did you stay? So you think it isn't worth the so called savings, When you stay in the condo's can you go to all the resturants at the Paradise Village? Canyou attend the theme nights, what would the cost of them be? Can you go AI when staing in the condo's? How far are the Condo's from all the resturants? In that special they were charging me 66.00 per day per person for AI, I thought that would be a good deal,, as I'm sure one night out at the resturant would be about 50.00 not to mention the drinks that you wouls drink. Thanks

kgs
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by kgs » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:16 pm

Loveak; You seem very intent on AI, so your best bet probably is to do PV. I just thought for that price you should not also have to attend a presentation. If I were you though I would not do AI everyday. Leave youself at least 1 day, perhaps 2 to eat "off property". You can eat at the restaurants if you stay at the condos. And you can attend theme nights. The whole timeshare thing is such a trap. They should be giving you a bargain if you have to agree to attend a presentation. I was contacted just last week by the Club Regina, a time share group with a facility in Marina Vallarta. We stayed at the Westin which is part of the complex two years ago and attended the presentation. At any rate they called and wanted us to go back for 5 days and 4 nights for $129.00. (Not 129/day) $129 for the whole stay. And we could have chosen any of their properties. We would have been subjected to another presentation of course, but for the price, it would have been worth 4 hours. They have a gorgeous property in Cabo. I said no however as our plans and reservations for February are firm at this point. Perhaps you could call the Club Regina in Marina Vallarta and ask if they are offering any specials. Now that would be a deal. (It's not AI but it is very nice - they have hot tubs for each room on the balconies).