quaint, quiet, kitchenette, cheap, downtown, AC--possible?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

foggy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
quaint, quiet, kitchenette, cheap, downtown, AC--possible?

Post by foggy » Mon May 12, 2008 12:20 am

OK, I loved the Hotel Rosita all 3 times that I've been to PV (at least 10 year ago). The architecture is beautiful, and the neighborhood is great, right off the Malecon. But now, I need a place w/kitchen, or at least with fridge. I really don't want a big highrise type place, after enjoying the Rosita architecure. (not to mention price). Does anyone have any ideas?
I love the Webcam on this site, I think it's near the Rosita.
Thank you!
Foggy in San Francisco

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon May 12, 2008 1:35 am

Foggy, when are you planning on going?

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Mon May 12, 2008 2:47 am

I really recommend a suite at the Hotel Eloisa (www.hoteleloisa.com). It can be reserved through this website. It is located on the south side of the river about a 1/2 block from the water. Very Mexican style. The suites have a bedroom, living room, kithen/dining area, small-ish bathroom, and real nice lanai. The nicest ones are on the South side overlooking the park. Chuck...

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Suites

Post by chance » Mon May 12, 2008 3:31 pm

You might try this site to -http://vallartasunsuites.com. But they are closed till October 1st and only open till April 30th 8) 8)

fr94114
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by fr94114 » Mon May 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Hey there, have you checked out the Boana? Rooms are very clean simple and all feature kitchenettes and balcony. Price is right too.
-www.boana.net

foggy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by foggy » Tue May 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm planning to go to PV in July, so I must have air conditioning!!
Still looking for the perfect place, quaint but clean, fun but quiet, cheap but luxurious, etc. etc. :lol:
Some of the websites are puzzling!
Has anyone stayed at a Suite at the Encino? The website says the rooms are air-conditioned, but doesn't say the Suites are...too bad, it looks so nice.
Also, do most places offer nonsmoking rooms?
Anyway, I'm following up on some suggestions here ... I'll be back
thanks
foggy in SF

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed May 14, 2008 2:55 am

foggy wrote:Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm planning to go to PV in July, so I must have air conditioning!!
Still looking for the perfect place, quaint but clean, fun but quiet, cheap but luxurious, etc. etc. :lol:
Some of the websites are puzzling!
Has anyone stayed at a Suite at the Encino? The website says the rooms are air-conditioned, but doesn't say the Suites are...too bad, it looks so nice.
Also, do most places offer nonsmoking rooms?
Anyway, I'm following up on some suggestions here ... I'll be back
thanks
foggy in SF
Well, I was going to offer you my condo for a really good price but there's no airconditioning. Best of luck with your search. I hope you find what you're looking for.