Deals from Winnipeg to Puerto Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master
Deals from Winnipeg to Puerto Vallarta

Post by chrisnick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:37 am

Anyone getting any good deals this year? Have not booked yet 'cause I'm waiting for prices to go down. Stayed at the Holiday Inn condos last year and would stay at the hotel again since I loved the staff so much. Thinking even though I prefer to rent a condo we will go AL because it seems as cheap to do that as it is to purchase a flight and hotel separately.

Friends want a minimum of a 3 star resort. Personally...as long as I havfe a clean bed I'm fine. Loved going to eat at the palapa on the beach close to the Holiday Inn. Best red snapper I had in PV!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:40 pm

I paid $1266 incl taxes for two people from Winnipeg-PV but we go early in the season (Dec 4-14)

Westjet has a neat thing now where they show you the cheapest fares within 28 days of the dates you put in.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:59 pm

We are going in prime time. Late February. I'm going to Play del Carmen or somehwere else anyway for a week in early February with my husband and another couple and then celebrating my 50th in PV with 3 girlfriends. Want a cheaper place as we like to go out to eat in PV rather then at the resort. Too many good restaurants in PV to eat dinner at the resort. Fine for breakfast or lunch although even there I prefer to make my self a jamon sandwich and thats about it but oh well. Seems a person is just as well off booking an AL so that is likely what us girls will do.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:54 pm

We are going jan.16-jan.30 AI costaclub punta arena,direct flight with west jet out of winnipeg $1200.00 each.Way more than we have ever spent but its direct AI(which we have never done) and a hour away from home.Minneapolis wasnt even coming close to this price this year.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:21 am

I was checking there and prices seem ridiculous this year. I still think there should be some deals out there...