Hotels Rosita, Eloisa, or Belmar?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Arleen
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Hotels Rosita, Eloisa, or Belmar?

Post by Arleen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Hola! We've been to Mexico several times, but have never stayed in PV. This year we decided to stay one night in PV before heading north.

I think I've narrowed it down to staying at one of the three above... unless anyone has any other suggestions. As I am sure we will be exploring most of the time, mainly looking for safe place to store our bags/semi-comfortable place to sleep for one night as I am sure we will be exploring most of the time.

Does anyone have thoughts/advice regarding these three hotels, or suggestions for any others?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Oh, and does anyone know if you can purchase contact lenses in PV? Do you need a prescription, or if you know your prescription will they just let you purchase what you need? Thx!

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:20 am

i stayed at the rosita and it's sister property the pescador. the last 4-5 trips i have stayed at the belmar. i decided on the belmar because it was the least inexpensive, it is very basic, very local. i can't comment on the other place, but really, for the money you can't go wrong.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:05 pm

I would pick Rosita of the 3 choices you present.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:37 pm

Keith: Would you mind telling why you would pick the Rosita? Do you have any experience with the Hotel Eloisa, and what are your comments? Thanks. Chuck... 8)

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Eloisa is a nice hotel but during my stay it was very loud,and the maid knocked on my door every morning EARLY,I guess to see if I was still alive :lol: ,I like hotel pescador which is a sister hotel to rosita, great staff and clean rooms ,if you have a problem with your room ,they will move you or fix it asap

michigan
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by michigan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:54 am

Belmar is cheap, bathroom very small. My Dad was bothered by the street noise. We went to the Encino was cheaper and had a pool.