advice on Crown Paradise?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

dwave
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
advice on Crown Paradise?

Post by dwave » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:09 am

1st time at this property, arriving Nov 26.
Is there a better part of the complex to request a room?
High or low floor etc.
Any help appreciated, also how's the internet access? I have to check in with work once or twice a day (betweens swims & beers)
I was going to pay a guest fee and stay with my Girlfiend on property but it seems it's cheaper to just rent another room.
Thanks,
I can be emailed direct if you like: olympics2010 (at) gmail.com

tojol57

Re: advice on Crown Paradise?

Post by tojol57 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:38 pm

dwave wrote:1st time at this property, arriving Nov 26.
Is there a better part of the complex to request a room?
High or low floor etc.
Any help appreciated, also how's the internet access? I have to check in with work once or twice a day (betweens swims & beers)
I was going to pay a guest fee and stay with my Girlfiend on property but it seems it's cheaper to just rent another room.
Thanks,
I can be emailed direct if you like: olympics2010 (at) gmail.com

Well you should be in good hands then... celebrate my birthday with style on the 26th... tell Polo at the Pub bar to make is extra strong just from me to you... all the rooms are about the same with the exception of the honeymoon suites, the presidentiall suite, etc... with that said... get a ocean view room 4th floor or higher... that will give you a good view of the property, the sunsets, the beach etc... as well as a way from the noise too... there are plenty of cyber cafes wthin walking distance, but otherwise hit the internet room at the sister resort next door at the CPCR... you can go over there and eat and drink even though you are at the GCP... just tell them that Mr and Mrs Crown has their eyes on them... so they best behave down there... LOL just teasing... let me know if there is anything else... have fun...

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:55 pm

Third floor or above and numbers starting with 01-05. That keeps you near the beach end of the property and affords you a good view of the bay and mountains at the same time. Easy for keeping an eye on the drunks in the pool and at the pool bar. Usually a good show right after tequila volley ball around 5:45, especially if they are new to the resort that day. Some don't know how to moderate all that AI booze.

dwave
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thanks chuck...

Post by dwave » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:44 am

appreciate the room advice...
much happier climbing some stairs to access the Beach instead of hallways.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:19 pm

You can walk through the breezeway and get that refreshing blast of air comming off of the bay. Hoofing up the stairs will wear off some of those extra calories you are going to pick up and you will be very close to the Breeze beach bar, so you can get those early morning Bloody Marys.

Win-Win situation.

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by Contessa » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:52 am

We arrive at GCP next week around 3:30 pm. Will we be able to dine at Paradise that evening? Should we email a request for dinner? There is a group of 12 of us going. Any advice from seasoned GCP'ers..?

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:38 pm

Hi Contessa,
I have only been to the GCP once which was last year; we arrived around 245P and did not have a problem making reservations at Paradise, but there were only 2 of us. I am not sure about emailing a reservation; you may need to wait for a more seasoned GCP member :)
Have fun!
Jane

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:05 pm

You might not have a problem, but as you will be 12, it might be to your benfit to e-mail and lock in a reservation. That would be my suggestion.